Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if I have a problem, option is not available, or am just plain not doing it right. On my rearview mirror I have 2 buttons to select either Computer or Temp. When I choose Temp the digital display window on the mirror shows current outside temp and direction (N,S,E,W). When I press the Computer button on the mirror, the display is blank. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
mine does the same thing with BOTH buttons...ive been wondering that for the last year...haha

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
mine only works sometimes
it fades in and out
i wondering if its a short
i need to get it fixed

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I think I finally got a straight answer from a knowlegable tech at my Dealer. He actually took the time and accessed the GM database and came up with the following. The COMP stands for Compass NOT Computer. It should really be labeled OFF. The TEMP button turns on the digital display so you can watch the direction of travel with the current temperature. If it bothers you while driving, hit the COMP button and the display gets powered off. Plain old ON and OFF would have been much simpler.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
ya but still...when i hit temp it goes blank as well...o well

Reactions: LB7TJ

·
Registered
536 Posts
i know on my truck the temp will work fine when i first get in the truck it works fine. but after about 10 mins it will just flash on and off. i think its a short but not worried about it. anyone else have this prob

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Airbag light/temp/compass readout
My airbag light on my cluster is on and now my compass/temp readout on my rearview mirror wont work (and the red light is on). Yes I've tried pushing the power on switch on the mirror--nothing. All of this happened after I was cleaning the interior one day (i think)

Airbag light:
I've read that there is some sort of sensor that can fail underneath one of the seats. Other than that I have no clue why that SOB is on.

Rearview mirror:
This i have no idea what it is. on star still works (if that matters) but the compass/temp readout doesn't. the green light comes on when i turn the key switch on and then goes out about 5 seconds later. I have not been able to find anything in regards to this problem. i plugged my mirror into another truck and the mirror still works fin in another truck

Let me know what you guys think/have heard about this sorta thing..
Thanks, Jon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I think I finally got a straight answer from a knowledgeable tech at my Dealer. He actually took the time and accessed the GM database and came up with the following. The COMP stands for Compass NOT Computer. It should really be labeled OFF. The TEMP button turns on the digital display so you can watch the direction of travel with the current temperature. If it bothers you while driving, hit the COMP button and the display gets powered off. Plain old ON and OFF would have been much simpler.
Gotta love the search feature as I didn't want to ask this question being new and all. So happy mine isn't broken, thought it meant computer as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
mine went out about 2 weeks ago, can't find any answers on why it stopped working, and dealer was no help either, auto dimming still works, but nothin ealse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any update to this problem? Mine went out a month ago and sounds exactly like BadDmax51. Rig here is 2002 2500HD but only 78,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Airbag light means one or both of the airbag sensors under the front bumper are not working. Dealer can run diagnostic to tell if it is one or both. About $50 apeice to replace and it is a DIY fix. One bolt holds on and plug in wire to back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am not sure if I have a problem, option is not available, or am just plain not doing it right. On my rearview mirror I have 2 buttons to select either Computer or Temp. When I choose Temp the digital display window on the mirror shows current outside temp and direction (N,S,E,W). When I press the Computer button on the mirror, the display is blank. Any ideas?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts