Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a rubbing noise on each rotation of the drivers side rear wheel with the window down. I assumed warped rotor. No oil leaking from the hub and there appears to be nothing wedged between the rotor and the caliper.

Step 1. I applied the brakes to about 35-50 percent and accelerated and the sound did not change.

Step 2. I thought okay maybe E-brake. So I applied E-brake to about 50 percent and the sound did not change.

My only thought left would be wheel bearing or can the seal start to go bad and the seal make noise.

How do I continue to diagnose this? Thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
did you check out your ujoint's?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hoped in the back of the truck and had the wife drive it and it is def that rear wheel.

·
Registered
129 Posts
check the dust shield rubbing on the rotor. had that happen on an 05 i worked on something push the dust shield against the rotor

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today I jacked the truck up and the noise is still there in the air. I pulled the wheel off and it the noise continued. I then pulled the caliper off and the noise did not change. Finally i removed the brake rotor/drum and the noise went away. So the noise has to be the ebrake shoes rubbing on the drum portion of the rotor.

My question is why would this suddenly happen and in order to fix it do i just manually adjust the ebrake down or do i have to replace the shoes and drums.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Today I jacked the truck up and the noise is still there in the air. I pulled the wheel off and it the noise continued. I then pulled the caliper off and the noise did not change. Finally i removed the brake rotor/drum and the noise went away. So the noise has to be the ebrake shoes rubbing on the drum portion of the rotor.

My question is why would this suddenly happen and in order to fix it do i just manually adjust the ebrake down or do i have to replace the shoes and drums.
Did you ever find a solution? Im going to be pulling apart my rear driver wheel this weekend with the same problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts