Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my motor blew 2 pistons not one.i had a leak on my in take runner right side, on the head were my 4094turbo powermax stage2 first ear on out side case rubbed a hole in it.about the size of a 1/4inch.plus my intake to y/bridge gasket was blown out .so i blew my motor from over fuleing without putn in the right boost. well it wont happen again.so moarl of story.everyone check ur fittns cause u could have a leak and it will be hindern ur performance and u dont even notice it.till it is 2 late .funny thing is i kew somthn wasnt felln right that week rapeing it on the way home now i no i was leaking lots of boost,somebiatch...i wont do that 2 this new beast being put in.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Going to take a close look at mine, but it is obvious you have a 4094 out of the first production run bc Garrett got rid of that tab that rubs holes in the intake last year. I have heard of other people blowing out the y-bridge seal before too and it makes me nervous bc drive pressures go nuts with boost leaks on vvt's.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
how do you check drive pressure?

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Boost gauge hooked up to your exhaust manifold.................... You just need about 18" of copper tubing to let it cool before you feed it into a normal boost line.......

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
lol was that written in english?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Hes already got the new motor in so i doubt he gonna edit it... Just missin a few letters. Break out the jr high diploma and your imagination and youll be able to read it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
On the new motor it blew?

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
He is an animal.......................................12,000 pound welding rigg and all.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
he'd be a blast to party with.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
he'd be a blast to party with.
I would imagine so........

I have a few buddies who are pipeliners and they are wildmen when not working. They are a blast to fish/hunt with.:drink

1 - 12 of 12 Posts