Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so over the last several months my truck would lose prime if it sat for a few days/parked uphill and i figured it was the filter head, no big deal, id do it when i had time

recently it started getting worse, to whenever id park for several hours, ordered and installed the filter head rebuild kit and a UDP CAT filter adapter, rebuilt the filter head and installed the adapter, seemed to be working for the first couple days, AWESOME!

but after a couple days the filter has stopped holding prime, over the last week or so anytime i park the truck more than 15 minutes the truck loses prime again

so is it possible i need to just retry building the filter head? i dont see any visible fuel leaks anywhere in the fuel lines and it only takes a few pumps of the primer to get it going again but its a pain in the ass having to prime my truck EVERY time i need to go somewhere, a lift pump is in my near future if i dont get this figured out :help

·
Registered
35 Posts
what do the rubber fuel lines look like. mine were wet and leaking. i replaced all the rubber lines on top of the motor and rebuilt the head, deleted the wif sensor and went with the aluminum bleed screw. night and day difference. check wif sensor and the bleed screw o ring if you haven't yet

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Hook a shop vac and blow (clean) air into the tank to pressurize it. Should be able to find the leak.

·
Registered
97 Posts
had this same problem with mine, fought it for a few weeks, and rebuilt the housing twice, and replaced the filter, hate to break it to you but the only cure was a new housing, sucked swallowing that at the same time as 8 new injectors but truck seems to run fine now. best i can figure the housing was a bit worn and the new seals wouldnt seat properly

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is currently doing the same thing. Where did you get a rebuild kit for the primer pump and the wif delete plug? I called Chevy, they tell me they don't sell a kit, just the new housing.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
if you can get an exploded view of it, you can order all the orings straight from GM....there are a few places that sell them as a "kit".

·
Registered
5 Posts
The orings I can get. It's the actual seals in the pump I can't find. Where can I get an exploded view of the filter housing assembly?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Mine is currently doing the same thing. Where did you get a rebuild kit for the primer pump and the wif delete plug? I called Chevy, they tell me they don't sell a kit, just the new housing.
look around on merchant automotive's website, should find what you're wanting there :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts