Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
well at least you'll eventually be getting a fix. Us LMM/ early GMT-900 owners had the heated windshield washer fluid thing that GM simply disabled and never came out with a fix or replacement for it so we have a useless button in our cab.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Called my dealer today, no permanent fix yet. My cord is still intact and I plan to use it if they don't have one by winter.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Strike includes parts distribution.....
....there could be a wait, even if a fix is released.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Make sure you don't take your truck to the dealer then. They are required to do the recall even if you tell them not to touch it.
My understanding is they are only 'required' to cut it if they are delivery a new sale to customer. (if they want to get paid for the PDI).

At least this is how mine explained it.
We did take the fuse out of the rear window circuit the last visit, but the cord was untouched.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Make sure you don't take your truck to the dealer then. They are required to do the recall even if you tell them not to touch it.

This isn't true. They asked me when I was in for service visit if I wanted it cut. I told them to leave it intact and they did. They are only required to cut it for vehicles they take in on trade, and vehicles they sell new.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
A block heater is a simple item... I don't know why GM just hasn't sourced another manufacturer of element and cord... WTF..

·
Registered
645 Posts
This isn't true. They asked me when I was in for service visit if I wanted it cut. I told them to leave it intact and they did. They are only required to cut it for vehicles they take in on trade, and vehicles they sell new.
interesting. They told me they were required to perform all recalls when a vehicle was brought in for service

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
A lot of 'service advisors' just spew out whatever convenient story they like.

·
Registered
299 Posts
A lot of 'service advisors' just spew out whatever convenient story they like.
First thing they teach newbie service advisors is how to lie convincingly. Second thing they teach them is to always back up their fellow service advisors when caught with a lie by telling an even bigger lie.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I filed a complaint to the BBB. GM corporate called me today to get some more info...they kept asking me what dealership I was having issues with and what aren’t they repairing. For like the millionth time I informed them it’s not the dealership...it’s the lack of a permanent solution/fix from you guys. We’ll see how it goes from here...the winter up here in the interior of Alaska isn’t going to wait.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I filed a complaint to the BBB. GM corporate called me today to get some more info...they kept asking me what dealership I was having issues with and what aren’t they repairing. For like the millionth time I informed them it’s not the dealership...it’s the lack of a permanent solution/fix from you guys. We’ll see how it goes from here...the winter up here in the interior of Alaska isn’t going to wait.
I don’t think that will help you get a resolution to the problem. I bet they are diligently working on a solution, but they can’t repair it until they have a proper repair. I’m moving to North Dakota in a month, and my solution is that I ordered a gas burner and the diesel is being traded.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don’t think that will help you get a resolution to the problem. I bet they are diligently working on a solution, but they can’t repair it until they have a proper repair. I’m moving to North Dakota in a month, and my solution is that I ordered a gas burner and the diesel is being traded.
If they are diligently working on a solution, they should let the consumers know. It’s a block heater....not that complicated piece of equipment. They got the ones in the 2020s right. I’ve tried getting answers from GM...and received none. Zero accountability if we, the consumers, keep rolling over.

·
Registered
299 Posts
GM Program #:
N192264210
Date Issued:
Oct 15, 2019
Program Title:

Enable Diesel Engine Block Heater - Exp. 11/30/2021

Program Description:

Certain 2017 - 2019 model year Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500 and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 vehicles, equipped with the 6.6l Duramax diesel engine (RPO L5P) and optional engine-block heater cord, may have a condition in which the block heater cable function was disabled.

Repair Description:

Dealers will replace the engine block heater and cord.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Recall is finally getting fixed

Was at the dealer for another reason today and saw the above post and walked over to the service guy and gave him the number. Sure enough, finally. Had him print this off. Notice the list of states. Im in Ohio, hopefully it gets replaced before it gets too cold.

fhaines

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
BTW. There were pictures too, fortunately they didn't print. It appeared that the cord for the engine block heater was wrapped now in a protective cover, unlike the existing ones.

fhaines

21 - 40 of 65 Posts