Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just traded bumpers with a guy who had a long wheel base truck. Mine is a short wheel base truck. I get home and try to install the receiver hitch and it doesn't fit. Is there a difference in the receivers on these trucks??:help

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hey guys. I just traded bumpers with a guy who had a long wheel base truck. Mine is a short wheel base truck. I get home and try to install the receiver hitch and it doesn't fit. Is there a difference in the receivers on these trucks??:help
If you go to buy an aftermarket hitch, there is a difference between long and short. I thought the issue was spare tire clearance, but maybe theres something different about the bumpers.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I traded for the stock bumper and receiver. But his was a long bed chevy mine is a short bed gmc. The bumper fits. But the receiver hitch don't

·
Registered
546 Posts
I traded for the stock bumper and receiver. But his was a long bed chevy mine is a short bed gmc. The bumper fits. But the receiver hitch don't
Ah. Didn't read it properly. There is a difference in aftermarket recievers, so I guess there's a difference in factory ones as well.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The receivers have a notch cut out of them to fit around the rear shackle mount welded to the frame for the leaf spring. The location of the mount relative to the rear of the truck is different on long and short bed trucks. This means the cut-out in the receiver is different also forcing the the mounting bolt pattern to be different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts