Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make the Recirculation inside the cab work, when sitting idling without the A/C compressor kicking in and running.

Anyone have any ideas or has this been done, if so, how did you accomplish it.

Sitting idling and have no need for the A/C to keep running and want to recirculate the air to stave off the smell from exhaust inside the cab, while I don't mind it, momma does and I want momma happy!!

My idea is a switch on or under the dash that cuts out the A/C compressor as a option. But don't know where to break into the wiring at.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Adjust the temp dial upward.

The AC still shows as on, but in standby waiting for a hot flash to engage the clutch. Outside vent will still be closed and the 'ReCir' will stay engaged.

·
Registered
813 Posts
You would have to wire a switch in. best way is to cut into wire for low pressure cycle switch for a/c compressor..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You would have to wire a switch in. best way is to cut into wire for low pressure cycle switch for a/c compressor..
This is what I was thinking. Just have to find wiring diagram to get to the closest wire on the low press switch.

I messed with it today, and as the manual states the recirc will only work when it is blowing out the dash vents. As per manual the other options it will blink three times and not engage.

Mine when I push the recirc even with it blowing out the dash, the AC will cycle. I want the Recirc to work with out the AC kicking in and out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts