Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a cts2 or 3 here soon, trying to figure out what is the best setup for the EAS. Truck has a FASS 165, 15% injectors, stage 1 64mm turbo, turbo horn, S&B intake, 3" downpipe into 4" exhaust. Has a D5SP switch, BD Tapshifter and a goerend deep trans pan. Just looking to get some good data flow going. It already has a EGT gauge, but having a second one won't bother me. My first thought is fuel flow, air temp, trans temp, coolant temp. Also plan on doing the backup camera for it as well.

·
Registered
577 Posts
You can get fuel rail pressure, intake air temp, trans temp, and coolant temp right from the OBD2 port, you don't need any additional accessories. I think most people use the EAS for an EGT probe and that's about it.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.

I stumbled across another post asking about the same thing earlier this morning.:confused:

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I personally sprung for the sensor for fuel pressure and put it in the filter head in place of bleed screw and a adapter. This is to monitor the fass pump. After my spring stuck I just thought it was a good idea and I know it’s pricey but cheap insurance to monitor your lift pump. Yes there is other options but to me it seemed the simplest and cleanest way.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I personally sprung for the sensor for fuel pressure and put it in the filter head in place of bleed screw and a adapter. This is to monitor the fass pump. After my spring stuck I just thought it was a good idea and I know it’s pricey but cheap insurance to monitor your lift pump. Yes there is other options but to me it seemed the simplest and cleanest way.
Is this the one you're running?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Upon some research, the fass has a port for it. I'll have to update with some pictures later on.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Yes the Fass has a Guage Port (input is where the "G" is on the Fass System) it needs a female to male. When speaking to Fass about this. They stated, this is wayyy overpriced for something so simple, all u need to measure your FP is go to your local parts store and grab like a Mr.Gasket Gauge (liquid filled IMO) and a pushlock fitting with a 1/8th NPT HOLE, and instead of spending $100+, you'll only spend $30+/-. Just my opinion. You guys are more than welcome to spend the more $$$ if ya got it. Just trying to think smart not hard, lol.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm building for big power (quad digits). Also I'm a data nerd. So being able to monitor a lot more is something I do. Egt in both banks and downpipe, trans probe temp, rear diff temp probe, boost before and after IC along with air temp after turbo. :)

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
My experience been there done that. It didn’t survive long under there are under the hood. Vibration and weather and under hood was heat....do what you wish as I mentioned yes pricey but why do I want a gauge I have to wonder what’s up by crawling under truck.....why isn’t the oil pressure gauge on top of oil filter...just saying I mean it’s all what you want to spend ...I like information that’s why I got a CTS2 and not a bunch of mechanical pillar gauges

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oil pressure is simple. I have a Amsoil dual bypass filter, just put the sensor there.

Also, I went with the CTS3. Doesn't work. Lol. Edge has the logs and is building a new update for the lb7 based off what was sent to them. Should know something in a week or so. So if you have a LB7, it's going to be a bit before it works with them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts