Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, it seems that most of the nerf bars I can find sit practically flush under the cab, but I have a feeling those wouldn't be of much help for the ladies who get in and out of my truck frequently. I see a lot like this on the ford trucks but rarely on a chevy.

Help a newb out and point me in the right direction :gearjamin. Keep in mind my budget isnt huge or anything. I have a crew cab 01.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
look in to the nfab bars, (or go rhino) they have a tough look to them and are still functional. I would go with these if i wasn't going a different direction with mine.

If you have the funds, the amp research steps are the absolute bees knees however..

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
^^^ what he said. I've got some NFABs sitting at home waiting to go on this weekend. I can get you some pics if you want. I really wanted the amps but I couldn't convince myself to spend that much coin on a set of steps lol

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^exactly.. plus with the terrain you're around i could see a rock taking a nice little chunk out of an amp. Makes me shiver just thinking about it and i don't even have them lol

·
Registered
897 Posts
My wife was gonna buy me AMP steps, because she wants step bars, and I hate how they look, but I wouldn't let her because they cost too damn much!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the AMPs. They are great but also really expensive. I like that they blend in with the body. Nobody realizes you have steps till you open the door. When they are open, they are lower than most other steps as well.

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
i got the go rhino dominators for a crew cab in black for 300 and love them, look almost as good as the nfabs but way cheaper

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Heres my truck. I have the go rhino steps and i love the way they look!

Sent from my DROIDX while sittin on the crapper...

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not sure what brand are on my truck but they're wheel to wheel, which makes getting into the front end of the bed a lot easier. Unless you're actually looking for the size difference you wouldn't catch it, then you have that "ah-ha" moment when you realize the difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts