Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to put aftermarket clearance lights on my 13 Denali HD. I've had pacer on my 05 LLY put on and loved them. Anyone had both or partial to either on?? Can't really see much difference from each other in the pics on the Internet. Feel free to post pics as well! Thanks

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Both suck. Get GM OE cab lights or (IMHO) dont do it all. Ive had problems with both brands, (Recon are by far the worse) but the biggest PITA is moisture getting inside the lenses, every time they get wet. Even after sealing them & resealing them.

My Pacer cab light with condensation. :(

Pacer cab lights.

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Ive heard bad things about these clearance lights. Is there anything you can do to stop that? I have a set of Recons sitting in my shop for my 05 and ive been hesitant to install them because of this. I was just going to silicone the hell out of them and hope for the best.

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Ive heard bad things about these clearance lights. Is there anything you can do to stop that? I have a set of Recons sitting in my shop for my 05 and ive been hesitant to install them because of this. I was just going to silicone the hell out of them and hope for the best.
Ive sealed, sealed, sealed & resealed & still. Ive even tried different style gaskets on the cab lights. Ive tried different style silicone sealants. Nothing worked. Sell your Recon cab lights & get GM OE cab lights.

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Ive sealed, sealed, sealed & resealed & still. Ive even tried different style gaskets on the cab lights. Ive tried different style silicone sealants. Nothing worked. Sell your Recon cab lights & get GM OE cab lights.
Thats enough for me! Looks like ill be getting me some factory ones and sealin em up as good as i can and callin it done. Thanks for the heads up on those. :thumb

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Thats enough for me! Looks like ill be getting me some factory ones and sealin em up as good as i can and callin it done. Thanks for the heads up on those. :thumb
Trust me, you wont be disappointed with the GM OE cab lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts