Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
truck runs sometimes like it should but then engine light comes on, and truck barely moves, gets code P0208 injector 8-circuit malfunction. moved the wire by the injector and sometimes it fixes it. but not sure what exactly it is. anyone experience this? any ideas are appreciated thanks!

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Please fill out your signature under the "user cp" include the make model and year of the truck as well as any modifications done to it. It will help us, help you.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
So you're saying a wire is shorting out? Oh and welcome!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess its not the actual harness, its the set up and clip above the injector 8. took off the little clip, pressed the clip so it was closer spread and put it back on, reset codes and it works... sometimes.. truck is 2005 2500 duramax..

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Sounds like the injector harness. You said you cleared the codes. Do you have a tuner?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no just a code reader... could be a harness? not very knowledgable on this stuff yet. how do i check the harness to see if it needs replacing? cracks?

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
I had an itchy feeling you had the juice. No worries if you are new to this stuff. There is a lot to learn here. Just for chits and giggles put the juice on the stock setting and completely remove it from the truck. the module box and all. The juice box's wreak havoc on these trucks. See if that helps it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts