Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running the banks six gun w/ 4" exhaust, big head and k&n air kit. I am running approx 22psi boost pressure at WOT but have noticed that my exhaust temps run around 1100 when going uphill unloaded and around 1200-1300 when towing my 30ft weekend warrior. Anyone know what other mods I can do to reduce exhaust temps ?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Looks like you are still in the safe zone. Anything over 1350-1400 is no good. You could do an intercooler or maybe an exhaust manifold. A little more boost would help a little.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
adding boost to my truck really helped in dropping my egt's by almost 250 degrees but also found out to much boost will add egt's,were it does the best job is around 30psi,i added a ppe boost controller,empty i usally hang around 550 degrees but under load it hit 900 to 950 degrees.i also put a dual 4"exhaust on and that helped big time verse stock straight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can I adjust the BANKS big head actuator to get more boost ? what is this ppe boost controller ?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2002 crew cab dually - I am running a max of 22 psi boost - not sure how to set it at 30psi but may be time to find a qualified duramax mechanic. Just hit 100k miles and has always ran great, just a little worried about egts.

Thanks for the advise

·
Registered
63 Posts
on the ppe boost controller, how do you tell what you turned your boost up to?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts