Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just had my computer reflahed at the dealer for ULSD fuel and now it will blow some black smoke and pull like a train! is this normal has anyone else experienced this after an update ?:drink :confused:

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I haven't heard of an update for ULSD, but I wouldn't complain especially if it seems like you have more power.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Maybe they mistakenly loaded a lly auto file in it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont know but i like it ! now my predator came in on UPS and put it on 65 horse tune and WOW! its been a good day !:rockin

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no not if you are getting an update from gm its kinda like a warrenty thing i guess

·
Registered
48 Posts
How can you find out whats available. I just bought the truck and want the updates. How do I know if they have already been done? It's an 05

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just went to my stealer i wanted the update for surging which by the way just moves the surging to the upper rpm's and makes it do it at highway speeds

·
Registered
52 Posts
i just went to my stealer i wanted the update for surging which by the way just moves the surging to the upper rpm's and makes it do it at highway speeds
Do you have to remove your programmer before they reflash? Will you get the updates still if you put the programmer back afterwards or does that override the updates????

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would be carefull when you want to get it reflashed. I took my truck in for recall and they went ahead and updated mine. After that my fuel mileage went to%#$%. It runs great but it ran great before I did it too.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would definitely remove any tune before going to dealer. What they don't know won't hurt em.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's the thing though, I bought it this way from them. I have no handheld to remove it...

·
Registered
58 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts