Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering,truck is in regen and doesn't show clean exhaust filter on the dic. Has any body gone through this? Thank for the input

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
Just wondering,truck is in regen and doesn't show clean exhaust filter on the dic. Has any body gone through this? Thank for the input
Mine never did, I`m pretty sure clean exhaust filter shows up when it needs to regen and it has`nt for some reason.
Your OK

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine never did, I`m pretty sure clean exhaust filter shows up when it needs to regen and it has`nt for some reason.
Your OK
Just has me wondering,my EGT"S go to about 1200 and hardley go below 1000 and u can smell the diesel in the cab and ouside. The past two times she has gone into regen the dic showed clean exhaust filter and now she doesn't... She has a lack of power and exhaust at the tip is like a heater....I guess I would like to see this on my DIC...Thanks for the input...

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
the DIC only shows the "clean exhaust filter" message when the truck has tried to regen but has been unsuccessful. By the time you see this message you need to take your truck for a drive above 30MPH for 30 minutes.

If you're smelling diesel during regen your down pipe is cracked/misaligned. I just had mine fixed at Thorobred in Chandler.

But, they might not warranty it because you have a non-factory exhaust. Depends on the dealer. good luck

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
If your smelling diesel in the cab then like blueox08 suggested you might have a downpipe problem.
I never smelled diesel just the regen stink in the cab even with the a/c setting on recirculate.

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
darkcherry08,

If you or your dealer can not find the problem, there is a new diesel shop in town in North West Phoenix.
Pro Diesel
11441 N. 19th Ave
Phoenix, Arizona 85029
602-870-8413

They are doing some work for me next week they appear to be pretty good and knowledgeable people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts