Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen plenty of pictures of AirDogs mounted on longer wheelbase trucks but can't seem to find any on Regular Cab trucks. Anybody with a Regular Cab truck have pictures of how they have their AirDog mounted? Thanks in advance for any help :drink

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
There is one or two threads floating around. Search from the Google link at the top.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
If I am not mistaken it may be best to mount on passenger side....not quite enough room on drivers side rail after fuel tank is in there on a rc truck.

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
Several trucks to be found with that set up... it mounts the same iirc, except right under the door near the center instead of the front corner of the bed.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
^^ Ill bet ur right. I may be thinking of a Titan style tank on a rc truck.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Mine is mounted on outside of passenger rail under doors due to Titan Tank.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
i think the moonshine guys from ridgerunner diesel had a thread with pics over on dmax central if i remember right. you might try a search over there if you come up blank here

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I have a regular cab and I mounted mine on the outside of the frame on driers side just before the frame goes up towards the engine bay, I mounted it on the highest holes I could and it's pretty hidden, I have steps now that completely hide it..

·
Registered
3,032 Posts

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
As long as the power wire and fuel lines reach then it doesn't really matter where it goes..
Just find a place you feel comfortable with, just make sure that place fits.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. Kivetts, any more pictures would be great

·
Registered
527 Posts
We actually have a different style bracket that we came out with that will mount it up in the wheelwell on the driver side. It's designed for the 2011 Dmax kit but will work on other trucks as well.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
We actually have a different style bracket that we came out with that will mount it up in the wheelwell on the driver side. It's designed for the 2011 Dmax kit but will work on other trucks as well.
Won't rocks and debris be a factor with it in the fender well?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ha weird I was just in Booneville this weekend lol.

I'll see what i can dig up Tyler.

As far as rocks and stuff, it's no more hidden from the elements than it being under the truck so it shouldn't cause any issues.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
yea I deleted the line that runs to the fuel filter and ficm so no I have the 1/2" AD hose running directly into a 1/2" fitting into my cp3:D

·
Registered
527 Posts
Let me know how you make out without cooling the FICM. I'm thinking about doing mine that way too.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Let me know how you make out without cooling the FICM. I'm thinking about doing mine that way too.
I've got some pics I can txt you if you want where I moved it behind the pass headlight..getting it off the engine will help cool it 200ish degrees and it will get cool air over there on the fender..I've heard from people that it is cool enough to touch and before even with fuel going thru it you can't touch it..if it does get a little warm I'm going to put a little cpu fan on it, but it should be fine..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts