Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the remote start function programmed on my LMM on Monday, but it hasn't been working right. The problem I'm having is if I do the normal start sequence with the remote, hit the lock button and then hold the start for 2-3, it will key on but will not start and shut off 2 seconds later. I have no codes or CEL on, the weird part about it is if I sit in the drivers seat and use the remote to start it will start up fine and I also found out if I do it with the door open and stand next to the drivers seat it will start as well. So at this point I'm thinking there's an interference problem. I have a couple police scanners, a CB, tablet which I run a set of gauges on via bluetooth, a FASS, and a few other things that could interfere, but I have unplugged all of my electronics to eliminate them from being possible sources of interference with no luck. Now I also don't know if any of my mods could effect it, I have done the DPF delete, EGR delete, intake tube delete, all of which codes have been disabled. I'm stumped at this point and was wonder if anyone else had done these mods and have or had not had problems with the remote start. It is hard for me to go the dealer and say its not programed right with what I have done to it with out being positive about it. The dealer knows it is not stock and they don't think that any of that would be a problem. Any ideas will help.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Not sure if this is the problem but have you selected remote start on your DIC to on?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I've got all deleted and my remote start works fine unless I have my CEL on for P160C.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is on in the DIC. Does anybody know if the TPMS system will mess with it, I haven't read anywhere yet that it will, but I'm just trying to eliminate all possible causes.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Ya know, 2 years ago when my egr delete was installed... My remote start worked like normal factory until I installed it. Now, all It will do is start up, run a second or 2 and then it will shut off.
If u figure out wat and if the egr delete is wat causes it let us know!

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Had the remote start function programmed on my LMM on Monday, but it hasn't been working right. The problem I'm having is if I do the normal start sequence with the remote, hit the lock button and then hold the start for 2-3, it will key on but will not start and shut off 2 seconds later. I have no codes or CEL on, the weird part about it is if I sit in the drivers seat and use the remote to start it will start up fine and I also found out if I do it with the door open and stand next to the drivers seat it will start as well. So at this point I'm thinking there's an interference problem. I have a couple police scanners, a CB, tablet which I run a set of gauges on via bluetooth, a FASS, and a few other things that could interfere, but I have unplugged all of my electronics to eliminate them from being possible sources of interference with no luck. Now I also don't know if any of my mods could effect it, I have done the DPF delete, EGR delete, intake tube delete, all of which codes have been disabled. I'm stumped at this point and was wonder if anyone else had done these mods and have or had not had problems with the remote start. It is hard for me to go the dealer and say its not programed right with what I have done to it with out being positive about it. The dealer knows it is not stock and they don't think that any of that would be a problem. Any ideas will help.

do you have anything connected to the can high and can low wires at the obdII, (anything that will pull codes will be on that can bus) the vehicles start commands run on that bus as well so you could be getting collisions of packets. i had to do a relay passlock bypass on my truck because the immobilizer module was talking on the same data wire as my tuner causing starting issues. different immobilizer systems in our trucks, but the same general idea. if 2 devices talk on the same bus they must take turns, if one talks out of turn it causes problems for the other systems waiting for data from the module that should be talking.

could also go aftermarket and enjoy a adjustable run time, multiple starts, turbo timer, better range, cold and hot start, low voltage start, ect.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I have tracked it down to a code that is hanging around in the back ground. P0102 MAF circuit low input. This may be what is causing trouble it is not turning on a CEL but it is always sitting in the background and simply clearing it does not work and it can only be found by doing a deeper DTC scan. If I recall it started popping up after I put an AFE dry filter in, but I'm not completely positive on that, it was over a year ago. So after reading all over the web on that code and finding out what crap most of the air filters are except for the factory filter, I put my standard filter back in and I have cleaned my MAF with MAF cleaner with no success as of yet. One of my scan tools says that the code can only be cleared by the ECU, I don't know what that is going to require or how many cycles. Also I use an HP tuner to disable codes for my EGR delete and DPF delete, that code can be disabled in the tune but it doesn't work to get rid of it. I will not know if this is the cause until I get rid of that code.

pbatathunder, if you have a scan tool that can do a deeper scan and find background codes, you might be running into the same issue as I am.

J83, I do not have anything connected to the CAN wires that I know of, I have removed my OBDII dongle from my port with no success. After market is an option, but I just spent $350 on this one so I'm not up for that yet. At this point I may only be able to get $50-$100 out of the remotes if I were to do that.

Still searching.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
:eek: i would have installed a compustar 1 way 1500 ft range starter for less then that.... and it wouldent have the stingy dealership limitations.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Problem solved. I took it back into the dealer today and after about an hour and a half they told me it was fixed. So apparently there are 2 parts to the programming of the remote start and they missed the second part. So far so good, remote start works and it works outside of the truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts