Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting a remote start in my 06 so I figured I'd call the local stereo install shop...$450 to start. On up from there:eek:

Not something I want to tackle but $5 bills for a remote start sounds like an azz raping to me.

Central Florida area would be nice.:drink

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
hmm i just rigged up one from a gasser with a delay for the glow plugs...under $100 just no fancy remote thingy:poke[1]:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I got the viper remote start hooked up to my iPhone I love it I can be I'n Japan and start my truck at home it's pretty sweet comes I'n handy when someone needs to get something out of my truck

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I got the viper remote start hooked up to my iPhone I love it I can be I'n Japan and start my truck at home it's pretty sweet comes I'n handy when someone needs to get something out of my truck
what did that one cost?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got my Viper 5301 off of Amazon with the passkey bypass for 215.00 shipped. I then looked over the install instructions and decided to have best buy install it with the wait to start light hooked up for 195.00. that way if I had any problems with the install it was covered by them. So 450.00 (depending on the unit) isn't too bad.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I got it at best buy for 350 some ignition thing the Chevys need for 100 bucks and free instal .... Now since it's satellite fed I also have to pay 90 bucks for 3 years.....

Now your wondering if I think it was worth it.....

Totally I love it no problems at all I use the switch on the keys more since it has a pretty far range but being able to do it off the phone is a huge perk I'm also I'n the process of wiring the aux button to my train horn I figure that should come I'n handy

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I have the same thing and I sure don't regret that purchase.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great, another $500. I hate you guys. Lol.

I've got an ip4 and have looked at that.

·
Registered
209 Posts
hmm i just rigged up one from a gasser with a delay for the glow plugs...under $100 just no fancy remote thingy:poke[1]:
How did you do that? I want to do it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Only thing to keep in mind with the Smart start system (iphone control of system) is that it works off the cell network, so if you are in areas with out service or in parking garages the system wont work. Also read reviews for the actual app and they will explain some other "bugs" with the system. Its a great system when it works. also any of the DEI products have the smart start system, ie Viper, Clifford etc.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
^^^^ good point. I can say from experience it works good in my area of MI, it has worked good in Indiana. The other thing is when you get the basic keyless entry which you get when get the remote start, it comes with one 2-way remote and a 1-way remote with very good range.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
It works off wifi also...
Works great I'n my area.. Never had one bug

1 - 14 of 14 Posts