Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, went to pull the tranny today. Right when I put the tranny jack under it, I became painfully obvious the garage didn't have a tranny jack to fit the Allison. any suggestions?

·
Waldo
788 Posts
Stitch weld a 8" x 8" flat plate onto your floor jack. Use a ratchet strap as a saftey measure to keep the tranny on the jack. That is how we do every tranny.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it. thanks
So you just lift it on the oil pan

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ya, Sometimes they come out like a bear. You might have to rock it a little for the housing to separate.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. The only options I have then is to try taking the brackets off the tranny jacks at the shop I'm working at. they won't let me use the floor jack because of safety issues. Damn Air force and their safety crap.

·
Registered
664 Posts
ha.......i know about that not first hand but because of my uncle being in the navy...you are probably going to have to fab up a cradle......which won't be that difficult

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm hopping I can just remove the cradle they have on it and just use the flat part of the tranny jack and strap it onto that. That will give me the 8" by 8" x 8" medal plate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts