Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
you tube has plenty of videos... some say pull the glass and disassemble, but others say pry off... Boostauto.com

I replaced mine w the pry technique . no issues

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine must be a bit different, the top glass came out OK like in the video, but I FUBARed the bottom glass & still haven't got it out. Looks like I be buying another pair of mirrors.

·
Registered
916 Posts
You can buy parts of the mirrors from boost auto as well so you don't have to buy a whole new assembly. The bottom part is the hardest part. Just got to work your hands behind each sides and pull straight towards you.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can buy parts of the mirrors from boost auto as well so you don't have to buy a whole new assembly. The bottom part is the hardest part. Just got to work your hands behind each sides and pull straight towards you.
I watched the video again. Mine isn't the same so I can't even order parts.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have this set of mirrors.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HCKNM5A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I want to take the covers off upper & lower, want to paint them. Has anybody ever done it. How to?

did you end up doing this? I just did mine. I got a set off Boost, had them painted, they turned out perfect! I used the pry off technique and is worked well. I ended up doing my passenger lower myself so I could keep the temp probe. other wise you can just tape it up in the mirror if you use the boost lower.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Top mirrors came off mine, but the bottom mirror wouldn't come off & ended up breaking. Now way the bottoms were coming off.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought 2 new mirrors from Boost. They don't seem any different in quality, but I got them with different lights.
I'm not going to try to get them apart!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts