Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm in the process of removing the cat. Only problem is I'm having an issue releasing the clamp from the tranny onto the cat. I removed the bolts that attach it to the tranny but the loop on the cat won't budge. Any suggestions?

Also, The v clamp on that connects the down pipe to the front pipe is being a douche. Any suggestions for that too?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Matt

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
my bracket came right off..but my v band clamp was rusted so i broke it and got a new one

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
unless ur really wanting to keep it intact as much as possible, ya dont need to take the tranny exhaust hanger off....just take a sawsall and cut the pipe infront of and behind the cat. then just pull it out...takes some wiggleing but it comes out...and for the v clamp, if ya havent already tried it, then take the inner fender out, and blast the bolt with some wd-40, and that should help you get it loose....i took the cat out, and put the new front pipe on without taking the tranny exhaust bracket off.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the bolt off the v clamp, but 1 of the 3 v's is stuck on there.

I'm trying to keep it intact to switch back and forth when it's time for smog.

which bolt do I lose to release the hook? the top one or the bottom one? Both didn't budge but I sprayed them both hoping that it'll loosen.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it off, didn't realize that hook was part of the cat, not part of the bracket.

thanks for the input though.

=D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts