Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to remove factory emblems and what is the best adhesive remover to use?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I want to remove the GMC2500HD Emblem on both passenger and driver doors to clean up the appearance.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I think people have been using hair driers to heat them up and pull them off. Then you just use 3M adhesive remover on the sticky stuff.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have removed evey badge and cheap plastic part on my truck. I used a plastic spoon to get under my badges and poped tghem off. I used the 3m stuff to get the adheasive off. The tape they used for the fender flares was a pain in the pooper. Very Very sticky stuck stuff.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good! That's pretty much what everyone has said. I appreciate the advice and am going to work on it this weekend to get them off. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Exhaust and Air Intake?

It's already around 95 degrees down here in Texas

·
Registered
845 Posts
The eraser wheel work wonders.

·
Registered
17 cclb are 3500.
2,288 Posts
When I bought my truck I wanted the dealer to take the badges and door ding strip off. They wanted to charge me 60 bucks

·
Registered
6 Posts
use goo be gone, with a plastic 1" scraper. If the reside doesn't come off heat it up, then put goo be gone on it. Have 4 chevy's works everytime.

·
Registered
83 Posts
is it hard to get the door ding thingys off my '05? They are turning different colors than the rest of the truck???:mad: And will it the paint be real noticable from where they were removed? The truck is silver.

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
I used a hair dryer, plastic putty knife, fishing line and 3M adhesive remover and tons of elbow grease.

The tailgate emblems came off with fishing line and heat.

The side ones were stuck on. I used the plastic putty knife a scuffed the clear coat a bit.

Then I rubbed every last little bit of tape off mith my fingers. Wouldnt reccommend this approach. My Fingers were solid blisters. And my fingers are tough from playing bass.

Get the Eraser wheel it works wonders.

As for the 4x4 a steam cleaner works well.

And the LS/LT/SLE/SLT badges can just be peeled off. Theres no 3M tape on the back.

I chose to add the new Duramax/Allison Badges where the Old Duramax Diesel Badges were, Dince I drive a GMC and also swapped Big mirrors onto it, it makes it look like I drive an 06-07, so people think I have money. hehe.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I used a screw driver, and a shop rag to pry the corners up on all my emblems. Twice went to far, scratched the paint the second day I had my truck. After a quite a few trys, got the badges off. I used my fingers to remove most of the adhesive. Then used nail polish remover/acetone. I looked to see if my clear coat is still there and it is. I tried using a hair dryer, that took too long so went and used the screw driver and rag.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Speaking of removing things, how can I get paint off the bottom of the rocker panels and step bars from where they painted the lines on the road? Its bad enough that while washing my truck I can feel the rough texture through the wash mit. I'm afraid that anything I use will damage the finish on my truck. Any ideas?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Try goo be gone or some crap to that nature. Can go to home depot, they have a good selection of crap remover stuff. I also heard you could use peanut butter to rmove sticky stuff. Don't think I would rub a shit load of pb on my truck though. Also maybe try some nail polish remover, but be careful of your clear coat when choosing what to use.

·
Registered
171 Posts
When I got my truck it didn't have any mud flaps, behind the front and rear tires it had yellow road paint on it. The black paint came off with the yellow paint. When I took the truck to get it detailed.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts