Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By replacing just the bad injectors to minimize cost, could this damage the engine as long as the other injectors are OK?

Have my eyes on a 2002 Silverado 2500HD with 140K km(87K miles)

How many miles can I expext to get out of it if I keep it stock (exept exhaust)

Think Duramax/Allison is the best combo. I like Dodge cummins but so many here in Norway have problems with their trannys.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
By replacing just the bad injectors to minimize cost, could this damage the engine as long as the other injectors are OK?

Have my eyes on a 2002 Silverado 2500HD with 140K km(87K miles)

How many miles can I expext to get out of it if I keep it stock (exept exhaust)

Think Duramax/Allison is the best combo. I like Dodge cummins but so many here in Norway have problems with their trannys.
Replacing only the one or two injectors "that are bad", will save cost now, but if the couple that you did not replace go out the following month, you will be paying to tear it all back down again. I tried the cheap route of just replacing 1, and a year later had to do it all over again. I would say you should at least replace the 4 on the side that are bad, only if the others are well withing spec's.

As far as how long injectors last, every vehicle eats them at a different rate. Some will go 60k, while other can get almost 200k out of a set. If they are the original injectors, just plan that into the cost of buying the truck, cause they will go eventually.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replacing only the one or two injectors "that are bad", will save cost now, but if the couple that you did not replace go out the following month, you will be paying to tear it all back down again. I tried the cheap route of just replacing 1, and a year later had to do it all over again. I would say you should at least replace the 4 on the side that are bad, only if the others are well withing spec's.

As far as how long injectors last, every vehicle eats them at a different rate. Some will go 60k, while other can get almost 200k out of a set. If they are the original injectors, just plan that into the cost of buying the truck, cause they will go eventually.

Thanx; Is it possible to change the nozzels on the injectors? I will calculate the injectors change in the prize. But many miles on the rest of the truck, if I change oil every 6K or so? And keep my front end greased?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanx; Is it possible to change the nozzels on the injectors? I will calculate the injectors change in the prize. But many miles on the rest of the truck, if I change oil every 6K or so? And keep my front end greased?
hey there ..bryan from colorado..nozzels could be put on but u should just go with 8 injectors right of the bat. then with new injectors get some 40-60 over nozzels put on them that would be very good for u.oil switch to amsoil trust me on that. i dont work for them used on everything on both sides of family bussienes.greased do that every time i change oil really easy and u can reach all of them right there buy the oil plug..imo....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey there ..bryan from colorado..nozzels could be put on but u should just go with 8 injectors right of the bat. then with new injectors get some 40-60 over nozzels put on them that would be very good for u.oil switch to amsoil trust me on that. i dont work for them used on everything on both sides of family bussienes.greased do that every time i change oil really easy and u can reach all of them right there buy the oil plug..imo....
Hi man thanx for the answer:)
I'll look in to the Amsoil if it could be found here in Norway.
I used Castrol magnatech on my gasser 5w-30.
What oil and grease are recommended for the Duramax?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts