Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving down the tollway and hit a big pothole and when I got home I found my driver side rear shock hanging on the ground. I've never touched the shocks and I've had the truck for four years so it's probably time to replace them. The shocks on there now are trail master SSv or something. I don't really know anything about shocks so I thought I'd ask you guys. The truck is an 04.5 with a 6 inch lift and 35 inch tires. I don't want to spend a ton of money on them either. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Brandon

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
With shocks it's a crap shoot everybody likes something different. KYB Monomax, Rancho 9000's, Bilstein's . I have a dis-like for the ones I installed whereas 50 others love'm. For me they suck for my particular style driving, 80-90 on freeway connecting ramps marked 45, I do have some extremely large sway bars that work real well but the shocks have a little donkey dance in the front, rebound is not stiff enough, compression seems to be OK....

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I ran Rough Country N2.0 shocks on my truck for awhile and i liked the way they rode. They were pretty cheap and effective.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I thought i was the only one that drove like that.. haha

My truck is always at 90+ mph... Especially on the turns.. :thumb

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With shocks it's a crap shoot everybody likes something different. KYB Monomax, Rancho 9000's, Bilstein's . I have a dis-like for the ones I installed whereas 50 others love'm. For me they suck for my particular style driving, 80-90 on freeway connecting ramps marked 45, I do have some extremely large sway bars that work real well but the shocks have a little donkey dance in the front, rebound is not stiff enough, compression seems to be OK....
What shocks did you end up going with?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the monotube Fox shocks. They ride pretty hard.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
pretty impressed with bilstein 5100s, and competitively priced as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pretty impressed with bilstein 5100s, and competitively priced as well.
I've heard a lot of people say they like those. Do I need to buy a set for lifted trucks? I'm not sure how that all works. Will they just fit where my old ones were?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Bilstein 5100s and be done with it...

Contact Dmaxstore.com and they can hook you up with the right length for your lift.
COMPLETE SETS | DMAX Store

·
Premium Member
15,239 Posts
^^^^ I agree with these guys...

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
OP I like what ^^^ these guys are saying. Might be worth the call today for some free shipping :poke[1]: :thumb

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm looking at your store now. I'm looking at the ranchos or the bilsteins. You think I should get the bilsteins too?

·
Premium Member
15,239 Posts
I'm looking at your store now. I'm looking at the ranchos or the bilsteins. You think I should get the bilsteins too?
Yes WE do! ha

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
I've heard a lot of people say they like those. Do I need to buy a set for lifted trucks? I'm not sure how that all works. Will they just fit where my old ones were?

You can visit the direct link below for our "Hand picked" shock selection. There are a few different shocks you can go with depending on your driving style, the application at the link below will ensure the correct shock goes on your truck.

NCT Hand picked shock application
Performance Truck Parts and Accessories | 0-3" Bilstein 5100 Series - Stock to Leveled Hand Picked: NorCalTruck | Norcal Truck (925) 447-7800

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Thanks for the call OP, Enjoy the shocks!!! :thumb

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all your help. I can't wait to put them on

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.