Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jc1843 has reported a post.

Reason:
Guys, Tom has stepped over the line with his Allison fluid testing BS. He posted a direct link to his site, and also his cell phone number-- I erased the link, but left the phone number.

Should I send him a note, or should it come from the admin-?
Cheers!
Post: Former Allison Transmission Fluids Engineer (Mr. TranSynd)
Forum: Transmission Shop
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: hzjcm8
Original Content:
Ok, sounds like a fair deal. Could you also address the other question's I had asked in my previous post? Can you also tell me what is involved & the cost to have you test it, you can post or PM me if you like.

tntnardo,

You can go to my website at Buy an Engine Oil Analysis Kit Today | Engine Oil Analysis Service[/url] and click on the "BUY NOW" button. I suggest you get the Advanced Oil Analysis Kit for the transmission sample and also get the Oil Vacuum Pump (it's just a one time buy and will last you for years). There are instruction sheets on the Online Store page. You can call me on my cell phone at 317-430-3029 if you have any questions.

Now, with regard to your other questions. As I said, I don't think most GM dealers carry TES-295 fluids so put in DEXRON-VI into everything since that's the latest GM spec and that's what the dealers carry. I doubt he put in DEXRON-III because GM Sales and Service wouldn't allow that. DEXRON-VI is "supposed to be" back serviceable but it really isn't. You've got the older type Viton seals in your 2005 transmission so the DEXRON-VI would eventually cause your seals to harden and crack producing leaks at some point. Most dealers don't know this but it's true. You need to switch to TranSynd or one of the other TES-295 approved fluids. As I said, TranSYnd is only available through Allison dealers and distributors but the other TES-295 fluids are sold on the open market.

Here's a link to the list of approved TES-295 products: Allison Transmission.

PS: Please spread the word to others on this forum since I'm not supposed to advertise. I'm here to help !!!

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
I would delete the post and send him a message, but I'm still in training, lol.

Especially with the

PS: Please spread the word to others on this forum since I'm not supposed to advertise. I'm here to help !!!
He know better.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
You should also suggest he contacts [email protected] to become a vendor.

I think he has a great service that a lot of guys might appreciate.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Yeah I would just send him a note letting him know the deal, then if he does it again....step on his head..

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I deleted the link, and telephone number, and sent a message to Tom Johnson, and included a link to sales!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts