Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ripmf666 has reported a post.

Reason:
Will be more the one reported post. I have sent a pm to a admin about Dallas before. When I found out he was pushing parts by pm still have the email copy if needed. Now in this thread he's talking about cost and now the guy is unhappy with what he got and can not get ahold of the non paying vendor.
Forum: EFI Live
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: Torque Monster
Original Content:
I go for mine friday and Dallas just told me the license already went up. $50 increase.
The license went up by $25. Ballard wants to charge the extra $50. Those are his prices. But he and Justin will do you a very exceptional job.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ripmf666 has reported a post.

Reason:
And the last one. If your going to push parts pay the fee. I add a service to this site that not many members can with vin checks and we do not get a free ride.

Posted by: shore
Original Content:
Well, I paid the increase...and my tune isn't right.

I've emailed Dallas twice about this and no response.

Truck runs like a raped ape but the hiss was not put in the tune...this was a BIG part of what I wanted and it wasn't done. Discussed several times. Not sure how this got left out but it did. It took a long time to get this all done and we where paying attention to how the truck was running so I simply did not notice until I stopped for fuel when I got home. 220 mile round trip.

The installer did a great job but that's a lot of money and time to not get exactly what you want.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
I merged these all together.

This one seems hard, because it's sort of making Dallas look bad as opposed to bringing new cuustomers.

Should we check Dallas's PMs to see if he's backdoor selling?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Reported Post by TDFDiesel

TDFDiesel has reported a post.

Reason:
Documenting

Posted by: shore
Original Content:
Some call it hiss and some call it other names. It's the vanes at 100% at idle. I like it and wanted it. It was to be done and didn't end up being done in the tune. He knew about it but doesn't know why it isn't on there. I guess he is looking into it....it's just a long trip if I have to go back. 8 hour day with Orlando traffic and $50 in fuel.

My truck had a bit at idle the way it was, now it's 100% gone.

Pos 4 is my DD 100hp tune and that friggin scoots. Pos 5 is the race tune 150hp and holy cow does it move.

Dallas and the installer said the license fee went up. I'm hearing it both ways that is has and it hasn't. $500 is a lot of scratch for a tune but to add another $50 is just WTF? I understand it's not their doing but still.

It is what it is but that was a $700 day for me just to get my truck tuned and it's not right.....maybe that'll explain why I'm irritated about it.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
This is the problem when someone is a vendor and then they stop paying. Mike was the same way (MMLMM). I think it they stop paying, they should lose their account that was used while they were a vendor. This is why I wish we had the power to look at their PMs. At least dwayn can though.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
This is the problem when someone is a vendor and then they stop paying. Mike was the same way (MMLMM). I think it they stop paying, they should lose their account that was used while they were a vendor. This is why I wish we had the power to look at their PMs. At least dwayn can though.
His account as a vendor was [email protected], he changed back to Torque Monster afterwards. He just had his name changed as opposed to a new account being opened.

This whole thing is shady and complicated, if it was positive and selling I would say delete the posts, but to me this makes him look bad. The price increase hasn't gone into effect, EFI Live web site shows the VIN license is still $100.

It's too bad you don't have access to view PMs, I'm curious if he made this sale here or on Facebook. I'm surprised they don't give the admins access.

You might also notice Dallas has a link to BDP in his signature. BDP is not a vendor, Synthetic Motorsports is and they bring tunes from BDP to the forum.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
The only way I can see his PMs if I change his password and log into his account. I know dwayn can do it in a different way. He has more power than the rest of the admins. I will have 2 check his signature. I can take out the non-sponsor link.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Henry had sent this message to me on Facebook in response to a message I had sent. I've asked him to report the messages and let him no my previous affiliation with Dallas has in now way effected how I'm handling this.

I know you have worked with him back in the day. I had a few pms with Jason and the other admin from New Mexico josuh something. Dallas has been sending people prices by pm when he sees them asking for vendors to price items in the vendor only area. I had 2 guys send the pm's to me with the under the map price to boot from him and him telling them that he was not a vendor and could get in trouble for doing what he was doing. Those same 2 guys that I sent prices 2 asked me if I could match some of the prices that the other vendors sent them and I asked what items and it was airdog way under map and edge way under map I told them I would not since I would not be able to sale them if caught and also if they needed them covered under warranty it would not be. They wanted to buy everything from one person and I had items that dirtbikedaddy and mr what ever that Justin works with does not carry and they wanted to only buy in one stop. So they figured if they forwarded the pms with the prices I would budge I sent them the copy of the agreement we make in the dealer network. I'm sorry some of these guys need to play by the rules pay to be a vendor or do not try and make sales and sont sell below map and kill the market for all.I'm working with Garrett to fix a few guys that are selling the 4094vvt below the map price of 1,923.06 now. These sites are not cheap to pay the vendor fee's on with us and Scott its 2,400 every 6 month for the DP and DF hell and I atleast pitch in and cover the vin checks for the guys and post the specs.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
josuh....LOL it is funny he knows I am from NM but not my name...

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Yeah Ted, It is kind of funny... I have been to McKinney before.LOL

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Yeah Ted, It is kind of funny... I have been to McKinney before.LOL
:rofl

If it makes you feel any better, he didn't appear to know where Jason lived.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
That would probably be a good idea, what about the existing reported posts? Do we need to make any changes there?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts