Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a reputable transmission shop in the SF Bay area to install my transgo jr kit into my LBZ duramax. Preferrably a shop that is familar with this kit. Does anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just recieved a quote for $600 for the installation of the transgo jr from a Left Coast Diesel in Livermore, CA which didn't even include a fluid flush. This seems ridiculous as I would have guessed somewhere in the $250 range. Hopefully someone can recomend a more inexpensive shop in the Bay Area.

·
Registered
100 Posts
No fluid flushing on the Alli's, just drain and replace. 600 seems steep, but I'd rather overpay on something like this than have some hooligan destroy my Allison.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No fluid flushing on the Alli's, just drain and replace. 600 seems steep, but I'd rather overpay on something like this than have some hooligan destroy my Allison.
The $600 quote did not include replacing the fluid, only draining and re-using. I agree that you don't want the avg Joe destroying an Allison, but $600 seem ridiculous. Honestly, I didn't expect anything higher than $300

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Never heard anything good about left coast diesel ...try Ken Imler diesel in Sacramento good place I used them to install my CP3 and they did it in one day and even gave me back some money since it was done ahead of schedule .. Honesty to me is hard to find and made me a customer for life

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Sht I just noticed your in foster city that's a long drive but it could be worth it

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sht I just noticed your in foster city that's a long drive but it could be worth it
SAC is not too far by any means. I'm always looking for an excuse to take a small road trip especially if it means saving $ and recieving good service.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never heard anything good about left coast diesel ...try Ken Imler diesel in Sacramento good place I used them to install my CP3 and they did it in one day and even gave me back some money since it was done ahead of schedule .. Honesty to me is hard to find and made me a customer for life
I just got off the phone w/ Ken Imler Diesel. I recieved a quote of $100/hr x 4hrs labor + $186 material (10 qts Torque Drive Amsoil synthetic, Baldwin screw on filter and 1 OEM filter inside the pan). Total price = $586. [/B]Is this reasonable?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
To be honest I'd say its reasonable .. Especially since I'm sure that amsoil is $12-14 a gallon . I've never had a transgo installed tho so I have nothing to compare too. I will say I'd be a lot more comfortable going to Imler then left coast .

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Looks like there gonna do a full tranny service while there at it .which if I read right left coat wasn't gonna do .

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like there gonna do a full tranny service while there at it .which if I read right left coat wasn't gonna do .
You're correct. Left coast did not impress me over the phone whatsoever

1 - 11 of 11 Posts