Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let every one know how i had my resignator blocked off on my truck, the best way i found was to take a 3M brake cleaner cap and plce it over the outlet. Its a direct fit and i had it blocked for over a year with no problems. I know it sounds like a rigged up deal but it worked! lol

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
What does blocking the resignator do? Do you gain any power? Or is just for the louder turbo whistle? I've seen a lot of threads on blocking it but just wondering if it serves any other benefit. If it's just for the whistle, that's cool too.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Just wanted to let every one know how i had my resignator blocked off on my truck, the best way i found was to take a 3M brake cleaner cap and plce it over the outlet. Its a direct fit and i had it blocked for over a year with no problems. I know it sounds like a rigged up deal but it worked! lol
Man that sounds like a hood idea but Idf be afraid of it comming apart and getting sucked into the turbo. The link listed with the $4 test plug might be something to look at.

What does blocking the resignator do? Do you gain any power? Or is just for the louder turbo whistle? I've seen a lot of threads on blocking it but just wondering if it serves any other benefit. If it's just for the whistle, that's cool too.
Ya mostly a little lowder whistle and possibly a little faster spool up. I did it to mine and you can tell a little bit. Barely noticable though :rolleyes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts