Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

I have a 2019 GMC 3500 CC, LB, dually. Does anyone who has a Retrax box cover installed be willing to discuss issues with me?

Respectfully,

George

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've got the Retrax Pro on my 2019 3500 SRW, LWB, and love it. This is the second one that I've had. It's been on the truck for 15 months now and have not had any problems with it at all.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The first thing I did to my 2018 SB SRW was the installation of the ReTrax pro. It has been on there for almost 2 years now and absolutely love it. No leaks and the best security you can get with a bed cover.There not cheap but you get what you pay for. If I were to get a another new truck it be outfitted with a ReTrax.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply. Where did you purchase and did you install? Any issues installing? Respectfully, George

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doverarjim, Thanks for the quick reply. Where did you purchase and did you install? Any issues installing? Respectfully, George

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought the cover from a dealer here in Ca. They installed it for $100.00. It took about 1/2 hour to install. It is pretty easy to install yourself if you have someone to help you lift into the bed of the truck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bought the manual Gator by Retrax. Easy self install but leaks a little and the clamps keep coming loose.

First one I bought came missing some parts and had double lefts on some trim, took a act of congress to get right as unit didn't have a S/N....hmmm.....Retrax kept telling me where to look but no S/N. Had to submit photos to prove. Ultimately the unit started locking up on roll up and wouldn't go past 3/4. Had to submit video of failure. ( suspect a customer return unit )

They sent me a second under warranty. This canister is black vs other was aluminum...and it works fine. I did have to transfer the head plate, rails and trim to the new one but ok. Figure to use lock tight on the hardware to stop the issue going forward.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts