Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
puttin a turbo on a lbz and got everything loose but the oil return line and cant figure out how to get to it to remove, turbo will pull up about a inch and that is all.:help thanks

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
there are two nuts under the up-pipes that the turbo oil return line bolt to the block

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have to remove the uppipes

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
ummm you deff need to take the down pipe out of the truck. i am not sure cause i had my up-pipes out when i did my head gaskets. i can look at my truck quick and see if you ccan get to them with the pipes in place

·
Banned
17,251 Posts
1 remove downpipe
2 loosen up pipes, on manifold and on bottom of turbo
3. 2 12mm nuts holding the drain line to the block. must remove driver up pipe prior to gettting drainline off
remove feed line from center of turbo on top.
3 17mm bolts holding the turbo down to the block, their on their tight, grab a buddy,

all the boost clamps etc mouthpiece

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
1 remove downpipe
2 loosen up pipes, on manifold and on bottom of turbo
3. 2 12mm nuts holding the drain line to the block. must remove driver up pipe prior to gettting drainline off
remove feed line from center of turbo on top.
3 17mm bolts holding the turbo down to the block, their on their tight, grab a buddy,

all the boost clamps etc mouthpiece
hes got it. i was just starting to type that until i read the post lol. thanks

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
do you have to remove the uppipes
It makes it much easier if you get them out of the way, I've done it both ways but removing them is much easier and keeps you safe from bending it accidentally.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help guys:drink i got it done now, much smoother with the uppipes off for sure.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts