Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 eclb lb7 5 inch exaust ppei custom dsp5 tunes wc fab intake and charge pipes
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help I sprayed some on the rubberized coating shit on my frame near the weel wells, went for a ride come back and there's a good amount of overspray on the panel between the rear bumper and tires so I wiped it off comes right off like thin rubber not stuck to paint or anything. Long story short it's been 4 months and it keeps comming back I can clean it go for a ride Ans it's back I power washed the frame anyti g underneath I could of got overspray on. Please help it's driving me crazy

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,975 Posts
Sounds like it may just be something off the road. The coating should be more than dry

·
Registered
32 Posts
Agreed. Sounds like something on the road. Try mud flaps.

·
Registered
2003 eclb lb7 5 inch exaust ppei custom dsp5 tunes wc fab intake and charge pipes
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I thought the first time but it's definitely the rubber overspray I tried everything power wash the whole undercarriage cleaned the overspray with lacquer thinner and then polished the truck with a weel went for a short ride come back same shit overspray all over the rear panels I don't know what to do about to find a new bed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I thought the first time but it's definitely the rubber overspray I tried everything power wash the whole undercarriage cleaned the overspray with lacquer thinner and then polished the truck with a weel went for a short ride come back same shit overspray all over the rear panels I don't know what to do about to find a new bed
Have mud flaps and it's never happend only after I sprayed the rubber frame coat. Never use that stuff it was rust oleum brand too

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Did you spray this coating into the holes in the frame? Hard to really understand just what is happening. I don't know why spraying your frame would allow the material to be splashed by your tires. In any case, one solution would be to equip your truck with new wheelhouses - plastic wheel well liners. That should keep anything in the wheel well inside and not affected by the tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts