Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay does anyone have any info on Ridgerunner Diesel shutting down? I was needing a tire size change and not sure if I am S.O.L . Wonder what I can do now .....

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I did ...I hate it happened they was a great group of guys.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Good luck on finding a new EFI tuner.
What you might look into for changing tire size and keeping your RR tuning would be Hypertech, they do have a little device that changes only the tire size for speedo correcting.
Hypertech also has a device where you can change the TPMS to a lower value if you’d like to make changes to the rear for a better ride while your running around empty.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks DRC yeah I found someone to adjust it and also it’s a 3500SW so I don’t have to worry about the TPMS

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
My year GM was proud doing the TPMS even on the 3500’s
But to be honest IMO TPMS is a good thing, after you have someone (wife) driving your vehicle around on a low tire ruining it, it’s a good idea to have.
I even have aftermarket TPMS systems to monitor in my cab on my RV’s, catching a tire going low before it wipes out the rv.
Most of the time you won’t notice a tire going flat while driving until it’s to late.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just tried to contact them not knowing that Tony was shutting down,
SO what is the "unlink" code
sorry for my ignorance :oops:
I have loved Tony's Tuning on my truck and can not say enough good about his services.

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED RESPONSE.
RIDGE RUNNER DIESEL PERFORMANCE,LLC IS NOW PERMANENTLY CLOSED AS OF FRIDAY 03-13-2020.
WE WILL UNLINK ANY AUTOCALS IF YOU REQUEST AN UNLINK CODE.

YOU MUST SUBMIT YOU AUTOCAL SERIAL NUMBER IN ORDER TO RECEIVE AN UNLINK CODE.

WE DO APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED.

PLEASE REQUEST THE UNLINK CODE BY EMAILING [email protected]

RRDP, LLC

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Your AutoCal is locked to RR, the Unlink code is for RR to remove/unlock RR from your AutoCal with EFI tuning so you can find another EFI tuner (good luck with that) to buy tunes from to load on your AutoCal.
BUT
If your not having tune issues why would you consider doing this ?

Once you unlink RR from your AutoCal, your RR tunes will be lost forever.
Your vin license is in your AutoCal so if you found another tuner you would not have to buy another vin license, just the tuning.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can relink to him is what Tony told me he sent me Link and unlink codes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am upgrading to a new fuel pump and transmission which is why I tried to contact him. I am going to be doing the 10mm stroker Fuel pump with a modified trans (probably a MA Work series or have a local shop build up a suncoast kit)

thanks for the reply guys

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That’s exactly what I’m doing if you need help I may be able to lean you to the right person.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for the offer, I am looking at getting a V2 since looking at the downfall of the tuners:(. I knew it was only a mater of time before EPA started to crackdown and also folks retiring from doing the tunes. Since I had not been to DF in a while I did not realize how fast it was happening. Now it makes me step up the plans a bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts