Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
So, '22 L5P High Country, noticed about 2 weeks ago the right turn signal was flashing after I turned the vehicle off and got out. I thought it was some sort of warning Chevy built into the system to notify you that the exhaust could be hot from regen, as I never finished the regen and parked it in my shop.

Don't think that's it though, as it flashed yesterday after I got back to the shop again. This time, its not in regen at all, showing 47% for DPF stat, yet I still got the flashing tail light. I don't think the front flashes either, just the rear right, and its about 10-15 seconds after I get out of the truck and close the door!

Anyone else have this "feature", or am I already destined to try out my dealership's service department? Searched all over for anything about a flashing turn signal with key off, but didn't find anything related to this.

·
Registered
484 Posts
There has been comments on other forums about low tire pressure in that corner, so start there.

·
Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! I think that's it!!! Super cold here lately, got the 55psi warning on that tire, I've filled it up and will see if that takes care of the flashing turn signal.

Thanks for the direction, appreciate it!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Not a problem and post back if that fixes it. I have a 21 and have not experienced that yet.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Yea especially if its only the rear light its a new TPMS warning.

·
Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far so good! No flashing taillight today, so yeah, I guess that's a tpms warning light! Now that I'm able to search for something more meaningful, there's a few other forums that discuss this being a tpms thing.
I'm sure its in the manual somewhere, but they sure didn't make it easy to find, as I search for flashing turn signals tail lights flashing and a bunch of other terms with no explanation that it was tpms sensors seeing low pressure.
Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Also - if / when you rotate make sure you use the tool to reset the corners. I believe you start on front driver, then FP, RP, RD. Youll get a little horn chirp when it acknowledges. Its about $20 on Amazon for the tool

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
Heres what he's talking about...

It works for my 2019, should work for your newer truck. Don't leave the battery in it unless you like replacing it every time you need to use it.

·
Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wonder if there's something similar to Toyota's Techstream PC program. I have it for my newer toyotas and can go into the vehicle's settings and add/delete/move/change the tpms sensors around, as well as a ton of other stuff too. Its obviously hacked software and you use a Chinese dongle to program the vehicle, but it works pretty well. Would also be really nice to change the low pressure warning to be a bit lower on the truck, as well as change ALL the other parameters like mirror folding or window roll up via keyfob and other stuff through an easy-to-set screen on my pc.

If not, I'll definitely be getting one of those relearn tools.

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
@flyinhawaiian968 , most of what you speak of resides in the BCM programming. I have yet to find anything inexpensive to reprogram the BCM.
Yea, Bsimster loves it when I spend his money for him. Now only if I can convince him to buy another chartplotter for my boat. Just think of all the extra fish we'll catch buddy old pal. 🤪🤪🤪

• Haha
Reactions: flyinhawaiian968

·
Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL! Another boat guy too, eh? Don't get me started on boat electronics! Just got a new Garmin UHD SV93 for mine, waiting for more income to get the Panoptix!

From what I can find, there's something called Tech2Win software and a GDS2 program that works with one of those chinese obdii cables, but to find the right combination of software and cable, its gonna take a bunch of research, and I don't have any time right now to figure it all out. Maybe some day...

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
Yes, another boat guy. I recently upgraded and the boat dealer apparently has a panoptix sitting on the shelf that someone else cancelled on. They keep trying to get me to by it. As if the GPSMAP 1243XSV, Fantom 18 radar, gps heading sensor, iCOM VHF, Yamaha helm master ex wasn't enough to go along with the new boat. It sure looks impressive though on the Garmin website.

Yea, that Tech2Win software is GM software that let's you program images into the modules. I'm not entirely sure of the process, but I think everything has to come from GM. You might be able to do the TPMS pressure setpoints and that's about it.

This is what I'm waiting for:

Here's your truck:

Oh, and it's $299 plus another $300 for the programmer, so ~$600 total.

·
Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow! That would be perfect, although quite a few steps to reprogram stuff. Are you waiting for it to come available, or are you already on a waiting list? Would love to get fogs working with hi or low beams! I rewire every vehicle I own for fogs to turn on with parking lights and stay on with hi or low, but this one is all controlled by the ecm and I just don't feel like rewiring it all.

Pretty expensive to do what I want, but it would really nice to be able to. Don't know if I can justify 600 bucks to reprogram my foglights, lol!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Look in to boost auto for your "6 high" mod. They sell a little clip to splice inline for all on highs

Im tossing around the idea myself and if its worth spending the money. The other pros to it is that you can run semi-advanced diagnosis as well as changing parameters. From what i read from guys, dealers are anywhere from $200-300 when you go and ask them to reprogram something, if theyre even willing. So, TPMS, fogs, extended auto start time amd maybe give yourself the PTO upgrade - and it's already paid for itsself. Add in finding other issues as they arise without a trip to the dealer is a win. Still waiting to confirm if you can initiate a stationary regen the way dealers do and itll be a no brainer

·
Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I agree, if they're charging that much to do a simple change via their programming cable and computer, might as well spend the money to be able to do it myself. That's the reason why I did the Techstream for my Toyotas, couldn't see paying the dealership 50-100 bucks each time I wanted to change something!

As for the 6 high mod, thanks again for the info! Looks like its just a diode between two wires, I'll screw with that this weekend. Got tons of diodes here, and with a little probing with the multimeter, I can find which way the diode needs to be spliced in.Will open up the harness wiring and hardwire it in and re-tape it back up so its invisible to anyone looking at the bcm plug!

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
I am on the "notify me" list. If they would take my money for a down payment, I would give it to them.
Yes, the fog light mod can be done for cheap.
Head to boost auto parts, they have lots of goodies. Including switchback scanning turn signals for the mirrors, and heated glass option for the lower part of the mirror. I already have those two.
I bought the fog light mod, but didn't install it yet. The high beams with my Morimoto XB headlights might be considered weapons of mass destruction, so I have plenty of light when I flick them on. I have considered driving up to @Bsimster 's hood while he's on duty just to see if he'll pull me over. 🤪🤣🤪🤣. They're DOT legal though...

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I am on the "notify me" list. If they would take my money for a down payment, I would give it to them.
Yes, the fog light mod can be done for cheap.
Head to boost auto parts, they have lots of goodies. Including switchback scanning turn signals for the mirrors, and heated glass option for the lower part of the mirror. I already have those two.
I bought the fog light mod, but didn't install it yet. The high beams with my Morimoto XB headlights might be considered weapons of mass destruction, so I have plenty of light when I flick them on. I have considered driving up to @Bsimster 's hood while he's on duty just to see if he'll pull me over. 🤪🤣🤪🤣. They're DOT legal though...
You know what i deal with here - high beams are the least of my concern haha.

Wait i didnt know they have heated blind spot glass!? Dam you viper

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
Muwahahaha. More of your money I've spent for you. 🤣🤪🤣🤪🤣

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
I'll even make it easy for you, just click the link...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts