Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ordered all my new parts over the last few weeks, things are starting to show up now, getting pretty excited. I got the rims and tires, and Nick from NorCal has shipped the lift kit, should have that real soon.

Will be nice to finally be rid of this piece of shit torsion lift, I seriously hate it.

Lift is the Cognito 7-9 non-torsion drop with 6" deavers and dual shock hoops.

Here's a picture of the rims and tires for now, the are Fuel Offroad Octane 18x9 with 35" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, yes... A/Ts I do way to much driving to run mud tires.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
nice wheels! that things gonna be sick when your done

·
Registered
994 Posts
Nice man. I really like the choice of wheels you went with....gonna look BA on yur truck.
Might I ask why you hate the torsion lift ? Also, is that just like a leveling kit ? If so, you wanna get rid of it ?

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

jlb444l: I hate the torsion lift because it rides awful, bump steers, wind pushes it around, wears everything out quicker. Its 2" blocks in the back with the bars cranked up. So it's not leveled.

·
Doin it...
1,278 Posts
Can't wait to see it all done up!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Nice, welcome to the club :drink

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man this wait is killing me... shipping companies are so slow, they need to tune their diesels so I can get my shit faster.

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wooooooooo, after 40 phone calls this morning I finally found my stuff, it's been in town since yesterday but no one gave the other shipper my number, dumbasses... anyways I'm on my way to grab it in a bit, so, see you guys in 3-4 days with a installed lift!!

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well got it all home and dug threw 80 million packing peanuts, god those things suck, friggin everywhere now. anyways front end almost apart, be finished tearing it out tomorrow morning and should be done the front tomorrow night.

But .... I have to wait for parts, somebody forgot to send my rear leaf spring bushings... really sucks ass when your 4000 miles away.

Oh well, should be done tuesday now.

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, well I will take it out of the shop and get some sweet back rake pics for you guys, lol, it's gonna look so stupid.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Sub'd for pics

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jesus Christ ... these torsion bars are really rusted into the keys... my arms are just about toast and still only have one out.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Haha throw the new tires on the front too and leave the back. I wonder if you will even be able to see over the hood

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha throw the new tires on the front too and leave the back. I wonder if you will even be able to see over the hood
lol yeah I will... I'll make all the mexicans jealous with that get-up.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
lol just cut a 2 by 4 in some blocks and stack them on the leafs :rofl

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol, I'd make the rednecks jealous of that one!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Gonna look alot better. How many miles are on your torsion bar's that there so rusted in there? And do you have a specal tool for the torsion bar's?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts