Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(:(

Last week by fluke my loved Duramax tow rig caught fire on I70 in Ohio. Total loss.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Ugh... glad you're OK.

RIP to a unicorn

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now my dilemma. I can't afford a new truck. LBZ's are impossible to find. I need a DRW CC 4x4 to tow my trailer.

I would love another LBZ but since they are hard to find and tuners are pretty much out of the picture...what might be recommended for $30k ish or below? Really don't know differences between LMM or LML
I tow a 36ft trailer with slide in camper and 2 jeeps and then a 50ft 3 car wedge. I tow in the mountains in MD, PA and CO so need power to pull it.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I would look for an lmm. Same motor as lbz, just with a dpf.

·
Registered
2018 Silverado 3500 LTZ Z71 L5P CCSB
584 Posts
Sorry for loss. Glad your Alive. My advice would be skip the lml. Get a lmm or an L5p

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
2,372 Posts
Man that’s to bad. Know what started it? The LBZs are around but you might have to go a ways to find one. I like the Car Gurus site search for vehicles.

·
Premium Member
3,798 Posts
Man those pics are tough to look at. Glad that you are OK.

I have an LMM that I use to do heavy towing with my 5vr. Never had an issue with it other than a glow plug and TCM. Truck is bone stock.

Good luck with the shopping.

·
Registered
2006 LBZ, 2009 LML, 2022 L5P. 1993 6.5 parked in the shed.
979 Posts
Glad you're OK, but man that sux.

·
Premium Member
11,316 Posts
Man what a mess, sorry you lost your truck and glad your OK! We had our 2011 LML dually drivers door catch on fire just sitting in the driveway earlier this year and it's still in the shop because of hard to find parts but should be finished soon.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hmmmmm.
I've been contemplating selling my '06 GMC 2500 SLT with 66k miles.
I've got fresh brakes/rotors and Bilsteins 5100 all round.
I'm just not using it as I did for Motorcyle adventures.
It's being fired up routinely for shorter trips but not hauling the bikes.
What's the real value?

·
Registered
2015 Sierra 2500 CC
110 Posts
Now my dilemma. I can't afford a new truck. LBZ's are impossible to find. I need a DRW CC 4x4 to tow my trailer.

I would love another LBZ but since they are hard to find and tuners are pretty much out of the picture...what might be recommended for $30k ish or below? Really don't know differences between LMM or LML
I tow a 36ft trailer with slide in camper and 2 jeeps and then a 50ft 3 car wedge. I tow in the mountains in MD, PA and CO so need power to pull it.
I have a 2015.5 LML. Honestly it’s pretty solid and does fantastic hauling our 5W toy hauler. I wouldn’t dismiss an LML if you find one at a good price.

There are lots of reputable tuners who do a stock/emissions intact tune that are EPA legal too.

Reactions: BIOTEC

·
Registered
2015 Sierra 2500 CC
110 Posts
Can't beat an LBZ, best they ever made.
My buddy has an LML with the CP3, truck is extremely reliable..
IMO, that’s the best body style for Sierra and Silverado.

·
Registered
2018 Silverado 3500 LTZ Z71 L5P CCSB
584 Posts
LMM so you don't have to deal with DEF and still have the Cp3 so don't have to worry about the CP4 grenading or a Cp3 swap for an LML. L5p because it has all of the power increase and switch to denso fuel system.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sorry for your loss, I have put new head gaskets, new injectors, new wiring harness, had the ecm evaluated and reworked, replaced the transfer case, replaced the carrier berring 4 times, the wheel bearings 4 times, the ball joints, tierods, idler and pitman the water heater and hoses, the headlights and my headliner. After all that, I will still not get rid of my lbz. It drives like new. I did just replace the batteries as well two weeks ago. 257k miles and still strong. Last year we pulled our 41' tripple axle toy hauler from Houston TX to yellowstone and back. About a month ago we went camping in North West Arkansas. Love my truck, good luck finding another!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts