Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two Weeks ago I emailed John at Cobbs about a ppe programmer that he had listed on this site. He emailed right back, we made a deal and he said he would ship it the next day. Well one week went by and I didnt receive it so I emailed John on the status. He said it went out that day and he would send a tracking number the following morning. This was Monday April 26th. I never received a tracking number so I emailed John again Thurs the 29th to verify it had been shipped. No response on this email so I called them on Friday, I spoke to a guy there that was very rude and said the package had supposedly shipped out the Wed before which is completely different than what John had said to me in an email. He also said he wasnt sure what happened but supposedly fedex was supposed to be sending them some tracking numbers later that day??? That sounds pretty fishy to me considering that he said it shipped out over a week before that. I have since emailed both Jeff and John 3 times to try an answer and have gotten no response. I have tried calling numerous times as well with no answer. Im a little uncertain what to do at this point. My credit card was ran 2 weeks ago for the full amount. At this point I just want the programmer or to get my money back and purchase it elsewhere. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
443 Posts
Call and keep your cool, just tell them exactly what ^ he said. "If you don't fix this, I will dispute the charge."

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been trying to call them all day but they wont even answer the phone. I cant believe a company like this is even allowed to be a forum vendor.

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
I have a pretty good horror story about that place that took place last week and was confirmed it was them by a VERY, VERY reputable/experienced guy...Details cannot be exposed right now, but I have a good feeling the other party involved will speak up when things get taken care of. Be careful who you deal with out there. Research and call around. The diesel community is small and with only 2-3 quick phone calls you will have more than enough info about a company.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I just disputed the charge with Wells Fargo. They are going to credit my acct and get in contact with Cobbs Diesel. Thanks for the advice guys!

·
like a Ninja
5,212 Posts
dispute the charge, get your money back and get it from one of the vendors on here you know you can trust that has a CURRENT good reputation and customer service.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dispute the charge, get your money back and get it from one of the vendors on here you know you can trust that has a CURRENT good reputation and customer service.
i should have ordered it from you when I bought the guages and mouthpiece.

I just got a used superchips from Husker diesel for cheap so that will hold me over til I can get efi live.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bad experience man!! Hopefully wells fargo will credit you back and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

·
Registered
388 Posts
cobbs

Well I saw this coming cobbs diesel is down the road from me, He had it coming to him, this is a large dispute on the powerstroke.org about him and on cumminsforum, We had the same prob yesterday with jaglmm, had his truck for over a week to put a tranny in, then stripped the converter bolts, all said and done do not buy from cobbs diesel....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just curious, is this Cobbs Diesel that this thread is about the same as the Cobbs Diesel Performance that's a sponsor on this site?

If so, why are they still a sponsor??????

·
Registered
407 Posts
I read about them on powerstroke.org(we have psd's where I work) and that was a horrible story about what they did to that guy. He finally got his truck and took it somewhere else on a trailer and they fixed it. Told him had he driven it , it would had done unrepairable damage.:eek:

·
Registered
506 Posts
after joining this forum i will never order performance parts from any other performance store/shop the vendors on here always keep in touch and if somethings wrong they send the right thing to u asap ive had great luck with meyerperformance husker diesel and alligator performance. very good vendors and sales with them great people to work and very patient for all good ?s and dumb?s ill never deal with any others outside of this forum. hope everything works out for ya man

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
x2 I used to deal with the local 4 wheel parts shop. They were a big waste of time. Thanks to all our vendors. Yall will continue to get my business.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i second what georgiaduramax says!!!! all the vendors on here do an awesome job and help with whatever u need.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i myself do love disputing things with them guys over at Cobbs,he is what you call a die hard ford fan and well quite frankly he doesnt like the other brands and it makes for some interesting arguments:D!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts