Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone heard of the duramax having broke rocker arm problems,it's a 2002 model for reference.it's dumping fuel out in 2 cyl's and the mech thinks that's the problem.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I have never heard of that problem....has your mechanic worked on many DMaxs? I would be willing to bet it is your injectors gone south. Early LB7s are known for this. Do you have diesel fuel in the oil? If so, take it to a GM dealership and have the injectors replaced. It is free and injectors are covered under special policy 04039 for 7yr/200,000 mile warranty no deductable. Of course if you are over 200,000 miles, then it probably won't be covered.

·
Vendor
332 Posts
Rocker arms will not cause fuel in the oil. These are pretty durable so far and I have yet to see one broke. I would think that injectors would be the most likely cause of fuel in the oil.

Bent pushrods are a common indication of an overspeed condition, typical with Ether, but no broken rockers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts