Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do my rocker panels. There seems to be a lot of options linex, vortex, Herculiner, even DuPont makes an option. What have you guys done and how do you like it? Sounds like prep work is the key. Has anyone had trouble with fading? Are there any out there that can be color matched and still be DIY? Also anyone have a brown truck with black rockers and fender flare? Thank for the insight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have bed lined my rockers on my 05 and just did my 11 last week . I also did the inside of the door bottoms on both trucks. I used speed liner and sems Bed liner on my 05. My 05 was silver birch color and It looked fine with black bed liner. My 11 is black so you can't even tell beside the texture. Prep is the key if you want to make it last.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I'm looking to do my rocker panels. There seems to be a lot of options linex, vortex, Herculiner, even DuPont makes an option. What have you guys done and how do you like it? Sounds like prep work is the key. Has anyone had trouble with fading? Are there any out there that can be color matched and still be DIY? Also anyone have a brown truck with black rockers and fender flare? Thank for the insight.
I'd probably suck at doing it myself so I had Line-x do my rockers(color matched) bed over the rail, fender flares(Color matched) and side steps. Been on the truck for a couple of years and no fading whatsoever.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I'd probably suck at doing it myself so I had Line-x do my rockers(color matched) bed over the rail, fender flares(Color matched) and side steps. Been on the truck for a couple of years and no fading whatsoever.

Pics?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
OP I'm assuming your DIY?

Spend the extra bit on RAPTOR liner by UPOL.

DONT buy anything that's roll-on. It doesn't come out even, and if it's even is a cm thick and globby.

We did everything black including rims on this jeep.

Only issue was it peeled in one spot because he drove it before it was dry....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.