Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
132 Posts
I like the looks of it on lifted truck.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i like 'em but looks a lil expensive for me heh...

·
Registered
895 Posts
I wonder how they would open after a great Canadian snow storm or rock cralwing? They look neat but not for me.

·
Registered
681 Posts
im not a fan. i prefer the nerf style steps like smittybilt and n-fab do

·
Registered
428 Posts
I love the look of that truck since I read the article when it came out. I like the rocker pods, but I have concerns similar to Phild. How good are they at protecting against severe weather? And I doubt they could take a good underside beating and come out clean and openable after all is said and done.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i think they look good...especially on kanan gubins truck!

·
Registered
641 Posts
They look Good on A Lifted Truck. One Bad Duramax, has then on this truck, the Flat Black Chevy in that article. Give him a Buzz see how they are holding up ?

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
they cost allot. looked into them a year ago or so

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They look Good on A Lifted Truck. One Bad Duramax, has then on this truck, the Flat Black Chevy in that article. Give him a Buzz see how they are holding up ?
Thats what i was going to do if no one on here has had experience with them.

And for you guys(Kevin, lol) that dont like the truck I guess its all just opinion. I like the truck im thinking about going flat black on my truck. My buddy has a flat black 2001 camaro and i love the looks of it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I love the look of that truck since I read the article when it came out. I like the rocker pods, but I have concerns similar to Phild. How good are they at protecting against severe weather? And I doubt they could take a good underside beating and come out clean and openable after all is said and done.
I wonder how they would open after a great Canadian snow storm or rock cralwing? They look neat but not for me.
hey Guys Hows it going ?, /thanks for the compliments good and bad ones lol.

As for then holding up in weather. They can handle anything... They are designed in Mississauga ON Canada by my friend Petar. I've have them in submerged situations for periods of 5 mins with no leaks. As for salt and snow ha, their made out of extruded aluminum what is more then 1/4" thick. Every Rocker Pod is custom powercoated or can be linex at request.So you don't need to worry. They have been a life saver for me at work. I work for the motion picture industry in Hollywood California, Where I use this truck to tow trailers for various actors on movies, let alone my personal trailer. But for someone that has to jump in and out of a truck all day fixing things. It saves time from not having to jump in and out of the bed. Plus everything has its own key lock,for safety
Here is a picture of the pod's Petars dodge. Notice they go all the way to the rear wheels now it you want to get the extinction. I just helped him build in Canada last week. for a magazine.

before lift

after lift

You only lose about 1" -2" of ground clearance depending on what it may be on. If you guys have any more question feel free to ask me
thanks again on the compliments make me feel better for putting all that time into it. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey Guys Hows it going ?, /thanks for the compliments good and bad ones lol.

As for then holding up in weather. They can handle anything... They are designed in Mississauga ON Canada by my friend Petar. I've have them in submerged situations for periods of 5 mins with no leaks. As for salt and snow ha, their made out of extruded aluminum what is more then 1/4" thick. Every Rocker Pod is custom powercoated or can be linex at request.So you don't need to worry. They have been a life saver for me at work. I work for the motion picture industry in Hollywood California, Where I use this truck to tow trailers for various actors on movies, let alone my personal trailer. But for someone that has to jump in and out of a truck all day fixing things. It saves time from not having to jump in and out of the bed. Plus everything has its own key lock,for safety
Here is a picture of the pod's Petars dodge. Notice they go all the way to the rear wheels now it you want to get the extinction. I just helped him build in Canada last week. for a magazine.
Well thanks man that answers a lot of questions for me at least. I have a regular cab truck to i would love the extra storage. I also think they look great and im planing on getting a set in the future.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well thanks man that answers a lot of questions for me at least. I have a regular cab truck to i would love the extra storage. I also think they look great and im planing on getting a set in the future.
Up in the air about them, not for my truck but can see the functionality. That push bar however....
No problem guys. There not for everyone, Its a pretty penny for them i'll say the least . so if your paying for the price you gotta love them.But know this about them every single one is made in North America nothing on them is plastic, all metal .. nothing is from china like a lot of other BS stuff we have to buy for are truck sometimes.So were keeping giving jobs to our own people. All I can say is they are awesome other wise they would not be on my truck lol. As for the push bar he also makes them in various sizes. And the Tac Rac. check out the site.

if ya have any other questions just ask
Thanks Kanan

1 - 20 of 29 Posts