Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new 05 lly with barely 7500 miles on it...i heard a knock in the engine yesterday and was concerned so i brought it to the dealer, hooked it up on the computer, and it came back saying i have 4 bad pistons?!? has anybody else had this issue, or even heard of it this early in a duramax's life? any and all input is appreciated!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Your warranty is still in force. Did the dealer say what they intend to do? This soulds like defective parts; or running a computer box to increase HP and getting carried away with it. Running excessive EGT can result in burned/melted valves and/or pistons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the truck dosent have or has ever had a programmer, its still under warranty but the dealer is giving me a hard time because i took off my muffler(i dont see the relevance), personally i think its because im a girl and i know my trucks AND they arent getting a dime out of me. theyve been known to be jerks and im sick of them telling me what they wont do to help me, other places are more than willing to help so im going to be going that route shortly

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Sounds like time for a new dealer. I would try and take it to another dealer in the area and see what they say.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Your dealer has taken advantage of a little-known point. It is a federal offense to remove or modify(see owner's manual) the EPA approved exhaust system. Another dealeship may be less strict.(hopefully)

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Ray said:
Your dealer has taken advantage of a little-known point. It is a federal offense to remove or modify(see owner's manual) the EPA approved exhaust system. Another dealeship may be less strict.(hopefully)

I can see your point there if it was a cat being removed. Now, the exhaust part of the warranty is void, but they shouldn't refuse to work on it just because the muffler was taken off. Sounds like either way the dealer was going to try and get out of working on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts