Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
xsivtork
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 Lb7..and it has a rolling idle by about 50 rpm.. And while driving the truck has a surge.. I changed fuel filter. No difference.. Truck has loads of power. The only problem it has is this surging. Any ideas..

·
Registered
87 Posts
My 02 does the same thing but only in idle. Once on the gas it goes away. Is this the same thing that yours is doing? I would like to get it fixed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
fpr (Fuel Pressure Regulator)

·
Registered
90 Posts
If I had a nickle every time someone asked about rolling idle, id have like ....a quarter.......yep...5 times....

Dump in a bottle of two stroke oil next time you fill up (its cheap), bet your rolling idle goes away.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Walmart outboard oil cured mine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is going to sound like a dumb question, but what does the 2-cycle oil do to prevent this problem?

·
xsivtork
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what exactly are we lubricating by putting the two stroke oil in the tank?

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
your lubricating everything in the motor, and everything that has to do with fuel...the ULSD sucks with lubrication and 2 stroke motor helps and i hear it actually quiets motor down a little

·
Registered
87 Posts
Anyone give me an idea oil to Fuel mixture. I got lots of 2 stroke oil laying around but dont want to over do it.:D

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I have a dpf on mine, probably not a good idea to put that 2 stroke oil in mine huh?? just curious

1 - 10 of 10 Posts