Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,
I have a 2015 2500HD LTZ crew cab with a sun roof. I am wondering if I should go with a roof rack and a cargo basket (would that look awkward or be to high) or just the cargo basket. I am worried if I put the cargo basket on by itself I will somehow mess up the sunroof mechanics. Any thoughts on this or has anyone done one or the other?:help
Thanks
Joe

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
Did you ever figure out that you were going to do with the rack and basket?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was kind of hoping for some insight from the forum and maybe some pictures. I think I will end up doing both the rack and the basket.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I saw a dually the other day with a luggage rack on the roof and thought that was cool. Then I realized it is a truck and that stuff can go in the bed. I couldn't come up with a good reason to have a roof rack. Please convince me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Main reason I would like a roof rack is to carry a 18' canoe on my topper and truck roof to spread the distance for support of canoe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason for the roof rack is to carry a 13' kayak when I am pulling my 5th wheel. I typically put it in the bed but cannot when the trailer is hooked up. I also want to put a light bar up there at some point.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I went with the roof rack and cargo basket. Wow is it LOUD!. I have a faring coming that I hope helps. If not I will take it off and only put it back on when needed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went with the Thule roof rack and then a basket on top of that. I have a cap on the back so it's sits on top of that and not the roof of the truck. The rear height is about 7'8".

·
Most Known Unknown
29,352 Posts
I don't play the lottery so no quick picks/pics for me :D

Show me some good ones :thumb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts