Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone used or heard of these? i just order some from my local shop for 35 bucks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
about to order some, let us know how they are!

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I don't think they're stainless, so be prepared for rust city. Thats a big part of the advantage of the higher priced sleeves. They're made from stainless so they won't rust onto the tie rods. But for that price, it'd be hard to say no I think.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
No rust because your in Texas :D They'll probably never have any rust on them down there! Up here where the roads are covered in salt, plain carbon steel will rust in a day or two :eek:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
No rust because your in Texas :D They'll probably never have any rust on them down there! Up here where the roads are covered in salt, plain carbon steel will rust in a day or two :eek:
lots of rust in Texas, just look at our state goverment :rof :help :mad: :eek:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
With the right prevention measures taken, here in Texas, steel tie rod stiffeners will work just fine !!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Thats a good price and even if they arent stainless that doesnt matter cuz they aint gonna rust in Georgia

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Orange rustOleum is my friend up here in Maine :)

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
I also had the problem with them nt
or fitting over my moog rods. But a drill press fixed that pretty easily. I think the fact that they're machined to that close of a tolerance to the stock rods says something about the quality

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
mine are standing up really well. No rust either in all of this hellish multi-blizzard salt.

If you're that worried, maybe use some lock-tite medium or something to protect the threads???

·
Registered
622 Posts
mine are good no rust on them and pa winters arent too nice on metal

·
Registered
591 Posts
Mine are holding up good and they are have some sort of anodized coating on them so i don"t think rust will be a big issue.

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
They are zinc plated. I have had mine for over a year and they have held up well. Especially for the price. They are not quite as long as some of the competition but that has not been an issue with me either. I have done several boosted launches on them and still no problems. I have also hammered it pretty good off road and no issues

·
Banned
24,083 Posts
I helped my buddy install them on his truck. Hes happy with them. They went through nearly a whole winter with no problems :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.