Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the truck yesterday and noticed the idle sounded off and that truck was shaking. Figured it’d warm up and stop but it did not, drive to Walmart and could notice it while driving also. Unsure if it’s okay to drive short distances or not but don’t want to mess anything up too bad if I can help it.

1. Injector Balance rates read 0.0 on CTS and Autocal.
2. No CELs
3. Truck ran perfectly fine the day prior.

Gonna change the stock fuel filter to see if it helps any.

Tuned, Deleted, and running a Fass.

let’s hear things to take a look at!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turned it to tune 5 and let her eat for a little bit. Problem disappeared while I was sitting in the drive thru at Bojangles. Balance rates are also back and exactly where prior to this hiccup.

1.Fuel Filter Replaced/Filled with Diesel Kleen
2. Gonna monitor everything to see if theres an underlying issue but I suspect bad fuel

·
Premium Member
9,735 Posts
Maybe one got a little dirty and the diesel kleen and more fuel cleaned it out, just a thought.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe one got a little dirty and the diesel kleen and more fuel cleaned it out, just a thought.
Yeah hopefully, will be cleaning the injectors tomorrow anyways.

·
Premium Member
9,735 Posts
Might search on the procedure for the GM injector cleaner.

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
I do not know where yo aer located but if you can find a fuel station that has B5 up to B20 diesel Id put in and entire tank of it.

The Bio Diesel in that blend is the best fuel system cleaner ever invented. It will cleanthe system from the tank all the way up to and including the Injectors..

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not know where yo aer located but if you can find a fuel station that has B5 up to B20 diesel Id put in and entire tank of it.

The Bio Diesel in that blend is the best fuel system cleaner ever invented. It will cleanthe system from the tank all the way up to and including the Injectors..
I’m in NC

Might search on the procedure for the GM injector cleaner.
yeah I’m doing that method now.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: ended up taking it by Carolina Diesel Trucks, they told me #5 was acting up and recommended replacing all 8 injectors, lines and fuel return hoses for $6600.00. Opted on ordering my own stuff and having a buddy who owns a shop do it. Got brand new oem boschs installed truck ran 100 times better drove it home parked it. Came out this morning and same rough idle with 0.0 balance rates.....

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Final Update:

Cylinder 5 misfire was still occurring.

1. Compression tests on all cylinders was perfect.
2. No air in the fuel lines.
3. Swapped #5 injector out with #3 and problem stayed on #5.
4. Injector Wiring looked perfect.

Ended up being a loose pin in my ECM. Pushed on the connector and problem went away, pushed again and problem came back.

Took the plug all apart blew all the dust/grime out and pushed all pins back in. Problem is gone and truck runs excellent. Least I got new injectors out of the deal lmao.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Great that you identified the problem and the fix. And thanks for letting us know what the solution was.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great that you identified the problem and the fix. And thanks for letting us know what the solution was.
hopefully can save somebody some coin if they ever have a similar problem

1 - 12 of 12 Posts