Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the forums but I have been reading them for a while thank you all for the AMSOIL recommendation. this post has then put on here before but not for a long time my truck is in 04 Duramax lb 7having problems with it running black smoke rough idle and rough shaking I've just replaced valve covers rebuilt the front axle and rear hubs. The first thing I did to it was replace the glow plug relays. But now I'm have that problem I've mention before and what I've go so far its not anything with the engine its electrical with the EDU common rail I have good continuity throughout the whole system but right now I can't seem to find this ground wire that's suppose to be on the right rear of the engine if anybody can help i would appreciate it thanks or any other suggestions

AMSOIL AND WIX FOR LIFE

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There all sporadic

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A diagnostic computer3 and 6 drop to 0 and all the others are sporadic

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
The ground you need to find is in orange! Ignore the red, this is a yahoo image I found and edited for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well checked the wire and still the same knocking on th passanger side rough idle and shaking and suggestions?

·
Registered
648 Posts
knocking on passenger side? Its probably fuel knock. Is it a thwack thwack kind on knock? I would definitly get the balance and return rates checked.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yeah its loud like that I guess, but not one of the 8 injectors are the same there all different rates and they all open and close its just 3 and 6 are the ones that drop to 0 rise a little then drop back down 0. Also but a can of sea foam in there after the knocking stated to happen.

·
Registered
648 Posts
sea foam is never a good idea in a duramax. Still sounds like injectors to me. The only time I have heard loud fuel knock on a LB7 is when the injectors were bad or on the way out.

Does the exhaust smell like raw fuel?

Is the smoke black black or more of a bluish gray haze?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts