Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any word on this?
I'm still having the same damn issue...I have all 8 new injectors, new fpr, new filter head and filter, installed a race plug, replaced both lines going to filter head (all parts came from Lincoln diesel).....I do not have a problem with the truck starting even after sitting for a week in negative temperatures....she will fire right up...it only lopes when it gets close to operating temp as stated above....my problems started with a knock while driving (balance rates looked great!)....replaced 1 injector and didn't fix it....took it to a shop and was told to replace 3 injectors that looked a little off...replaced them and I started getting the lope and still knocking...bit the bullet and replaced the other 4...the hard knock Is gone but still loping and seems to have a "rattle" upon acceleration....I installed clear lines going to filter head and found a large amount of air coming out of filter head...replaced the whole unit..amazingly nothing changed!!( I reinstalled clear lines on new filter head to check for air and found very little bubbles)
So I replaced the fpr because that is a known culprit...nothing...
Instead a plug in place of the fprv...nothing...
Truck is still loping at idle only in park and neutral and only when warm...and I still have this (what I suspect to be injector rattle)...
No lift pump...
Small ecm tune (previous owner)...
New injectors...
Have checked wiring, ice picked all 8 injector plugs and added dielectric grease to them
Did you figure out what was wrong man? My
Truck is doing the same thing!

·
Registered
15 Posts
So another update. The issue is coming back, and is very intermittent. I'm still convinced it is the wiring harness issue...so I just ordered all new 8 injector connectors. Once they come in, I am going to go thru the harness I took off and reseal it all up like I did the one I put on. Then splice all the new connectors on. Swap them back out and report back. Will be about a week or so I'm guessing. I came across another post of another guy having exact issue, he ice picked #7 and it didn't fix it. He bought a new connector and it did in fact fix it. So I'm going with that little bit of hope, that and the fact it ran perfect for about a week before doing it again. Will post up results.
Did you ever fix the truck man? If so what was the problem. My truck is doing same thing when warm

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any word on this?
I'm still having the same damn issue...I have all 8 new injectors, new fpr, new filter head and filter, installed a race plug, replaced both lines going to filter head (all parts came from Lincoln diesel).....I do not have a problem with the truck starting even after sitting for a week in negative temperatures....she will fire right up...it only lopes when it gets close to operating temp as stated above....my problems started with a knock while driving (balance rates looked great!)....replaced 1 injector and didn't fix it....took it to a shop and was told to replace 3 injectors that looked a little off...replaced them and I started getting the lope and still knocking...bit the bullet and replaced the other 4...the hard knock Is gone but still loping and seems to have a "rattle" upon acceleration....I installed clear lines going to filter head and found a large amount of air coming out of filter head...replaced the whole unit..amazingly nothing changed!!( I reinstalled clear lines on new filter head to check for air and found very little bubbles)
Truck is still loping at idle only in park and neutral and only when warm...and I still have this (what I suspect to be injector rattle)...
No lift pump...
New injectors...
Have checked wiring, ice picked all 8 injector plugs and added dielectric grease to them
Mine is doing the same EXACT thing. I just installed 8 brand new Bosch injectors. FPR. All hard lines and return lines. New filter assembly with all new low pressure hoses. Temp sensor with thermostats.
And now I start the truck. Sounds perfect. Truck warms up 180+ and truck surges or misfires. It shakes the entire truck. You can hear it easy threw the Exhaust. Like a misfire.
I checked all pigtails. Shook and pulled wires. Checked the alternator bracket for chaffs. Nothing!!!! I took to gm. They said they found nothing mechanically wrong with the truck. Everything is perfect balance rates flow test fuel test everything is good. But the idle still loping/misfire when warm. Pleaseeeeeeee help!!!!! I’ve done hours and hours and found multiple posts with no answers!!!! Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did you figure out what was wrong man? My
Truck is doing the same thing!
Any word on this?
No lift pump...
New injectors...
Mine is doing the same EXACT thing. I just installed 8 brand new Bosch injectors. FPR. All hard lines and return lines. New filter assembly with all new low pressure hoses. Temp sensor with thermostats.
And now I start the truck. Sounds perfect. Truck warms up 180+ and truck surges or misfires. It shakes the entire truck. You can hear it easy threw the Exhaust. Like a misfire.
I checked all pigtails. Shook and pulled wires. Checked the alternator bracket for chaffs. Nothing!!!! I took to gm. They said they found nothing mechanically wrong with the truck. Everything is perfect balance rates flow test fuel test everything is good. But the idle still loping/misfire when warm. Pleaseeeeeeee help!!!!! I’ve done hours and hours and found multiple posts with no answers!!!! Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did you guys figure this out?? My truck is doing same thing rough idle above 160
Any word on this?
No lift pump...
New injectors...
It’s driving me crazy!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anything man?
Nothing yet. Dealer thinks it the ecm. They found a tune in the truck and there bricked out or locked out.
Took it yesterday to a diesel mechanic he called me couple hours ago and he thinks it’s a wiring issue or the fcim. I’m waiting as of today to find out what’s wrong.
I did the wire harness update on cylinder 2/7 updated wires and no difference. So I’m still waiting to find out.
Tell me what is your truck doing? Your having the same issues. How did it start. What is it doing. Tell me your story in details so maybe we can figure this out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Still waiting to find out....I should hear from the Mechanic by tomorrow. Has anyone replaced your ficm or had the ecm reflashed?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any word on this?
No lift pump...
New injectors...
Have you replaced your ficm or reflashed your ecm??? Trying to get to the bottom of this

·
Registered
22 Posts
Update!!!
Mechanic said it’s got to be the Ficm or the ecm. Or possibly a tune issue that I didn’t even know I had a tune in the truck. I’ve owned the truck for 5 years now and never tuned it so I’m unaware what’s been done by previous owner. So I’m getting the reflash back to stock and installing a new ficm. He checked and tested the harness and pigtails wiggle test load test etc and all ohms and voltage is good. Found no short end circuits. His bill of the diagnosis hours and for the ecm reflash and ficm install $2300 ish out the door. I was going to do this myself but I don’t have a tech2 or a way to program or reflash so I said do it. Ordered parts and should be done next week. He said if this doesn’t fix the issue the only thing he can do is a compression test because something internally might be bad with the motor. But his findings are not pointing towards a internal motor issue his finding and the data he found are towards the ficm or ecm. So I’m biting the bullet and I hope my experience with my issues will help others. Remember this all started with installing brand new Bosch injectors and has been a nightmare since. I’ll post a update as soon as he calls me hopefully early next week.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is a list of everything I’ve had done to the truck also there is a bunch more I don’t have a picture of like a fuel sending unit and pickup I had inside of tank cleaned inside and out , I also just installed a new turbo aswell. Nothing’s changed still rough idle when above 170, I was leaning towards an ecm or ficm but I just spent 14000 on the truck so I want to make sure that’s the issue first so I’ll be looking forward to hearing what happened with you man.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Damn!!!! Yeah I spent 3 grand on the injectors and fuel lines about 2 grand on other parts and that mechanic has my truck now and that bills gonna be about 2500. So I feel your pain!!!! Atleast your head gaskets are done right!!! I haven’t done mine yet. Still holding at 170,000miles.
How was the truck before you did all that work. I’m assuming that after all that work was done your having this idle surge misfire issue??? Did the truck have idle issues before? Or did all this start after that work.

The mechanic still has my truck. Should be next week hopefully before Wednesday. I’m changing the ficm and reflash ecm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That is a list of everything I’ve had done to the truck also there is a bunch more I don’t have a picture of like a fuel sending unit and pickup I had inside of tank cleaned inside and out , I also just installed a new turbo aswell. Nothing’s changed still rough idle when above 170, I was leaning towards an ecm or ficm but I just spent 14000 on the truck so I want to make sure that’s the issue first so I’ll be looking forward to hearing what happened with you man.
I forgot to ask. What does the shop say about your issue??? What are they finding? All that work you did with them can they figure it out. Did you ask them hey what’s sup with my truck the idles all jacked up after all this work what’s going on. What are they telling you??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah so this problem was happening BEFORE all that work including a new turbo aswell. So if your thinking it’s anything that is on the work list , don’t bother cause it’s still doing it. And unfortunately I told the kid that’s it was happening before so they said if it has nothing to do with them they’ll have to change me for seperate testing , and I just don’t have that much money , they said all there tests came
Back perfect, but I kind of got a bad feeling and think they are lying and just don’t want to do anymore work to the truck cause they took a VERY long time to do all the work in the first place And I kept Callin and bothering them about it so I think they just wanted to be done with the truck. I ran my own tests and my fuel main injection (mm3) which is supposed to be at ( 7-10 mm3 ) at idle dropped off to ( 0-2 mm3 ) as soon as the truck hit operating temps , and then the ecm freaks out and the truck runs like crap. and I know main fuel injection timing receives input from crank sensor infront of engine, but someone with this issue said they changed that with no luck. Might try it anyway cause it’s cheap. But regardless I did my own testing and the mfi shouldn’t drop off to 0 it should be between 7-10 and I figured this out with my
Cts2 so how a diesel performance shop “didn’t see this” is beyond me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So to sum it up, the truck is not fueling like it should be at operating temp in idle. Or something is misleading the ficm on HOW to fuel

201 - 217 of 217 Posts