Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
02 lb7 4x4 was taking the trailer to the landfill. Got diesel 10 min before entering landfill . Got to the landfill dumped. Leave and the truck starts idling rough like it had a miss. So I go to another gas station fill up some more still idling rough could hear like a pinging sound from the bad idle I thought she was a goner. So I decide to drive her some more see if it clears up she's bogging bad. Is it time for a wreker a new truck? Nah hit the pedal to the metal and drove back to the jobs site. She's been idling fine for a bit gotta keep my fingers crossed. Anybody else run into bad fuel only other thing I could think is the air filter let dust through and it got on the maf. Maybe a bad head gasket but no white smoke. Doubt a stuck injector cause she would have been blowing black smoke, right?

·
Registered
10 Posts
How was it running prior to filling up ? This comment is not meant to insult you but are you positive the pump you were at was diesel? I know in my area some of the gas nozzles are green and diesel is black and or yellow. If you in fact have diesel in the tank, then you really did get some horrible fuel and the injectors mustve been on there last leg. If you have no way of draining the tank id unhook the supply and return lines from the drivers side of the engine towards the firewall and run about 6 feet of 1/2 inch hose and 3/8 hose to a fuel jug with known good diesel and some fuel cleaner and see if it clears up. If it does clear, then it sounds like draining the tank is the solution. Is the fuel filter good ? Low miles on it ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts