Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

rought day for the dmax!!!!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  lutzjk913 
#1 ·
yesterday morning i was leaving to go to work. it had snowed about 3 inches the night before and i was in a rush to get to breakfest so i was going to just back down the driveway. i havew a turnaround but just didnt use it. i was backing down the driveway and the snow had drifted and plus on one side the snow was all piled up from plowing it! i8 was backing down it and i felt the rear end start to pull one way and by the time i tried to stop all four tires were off the driveway and i slid right out into my yard. my yard has a little slope but nothing serious by no means! i was STUCK! the snow was so deep that when i opened my door, i coulnt see my running boards and i was pushing snow with my door as i opened it! i could get the truck to rock back and forth but couldnt get enough momentum or traction to get back up to the driveway. the bad part is that i had my neighbor who has a cummins come pull me out! he about buried it the same way i did backing down the driveway. he had to drag me bqackwards prolly 200 feet till we got the road and then turn down the road and pull me up and over the little hump of snow back on to asphalt! i was a little embarresed that first i got stuck but then that a cummins pulled me out! thank god he was going to work the same i was or i would have had to leave the dmax in the snow drift! sorry for the long post but i had to vent a bit and get that off my chest!

#2 ·
We've all had those moments...I think. Besides, atleast it wasn't a Ford..right? lol
Crap happens though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.