Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my truck for about a day now, at the tire store i checked the up and down movement of the tire when it was in the air, it had a little play in it.

Now for the question i need, my rpm guage has gone nuts.
Worked fine, only thing came back when i was buying the truck was glow plug module was bad owner put a new one from teh local gmc dealer.

A couple of hours later teh gauge goes too reading liek 3 grand at idle, engine was not reved up just normal, but my gauge is now reading liek 5 grand all the time.

I havent checked codes yet, it would mostly be monday before i can get my buddy to run his gm scanner on it.

I should add the truck is all stock.

thanks guys

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
Stepper motor in the cluster went bad 99%. Clusters are known for doing crazy stuff...but normally it is the speedo stepper motor that goes.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
It's kind of funny when your sitting at a stop sign and the speedo says 120! The gauge clusters are knows for doing that.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well that sucks

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess they go back to wokring for a while then just stop alltogther?

mine started working for the time beeing. lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
try this site too, GM Gauge Repair
here is a quote he sent me,

All 2003 thru 2006 GM vehicles have this problem. There is a motor behind each gauge in the cluster that fails. I can install the updated motors behind each gauge for you and re-calibrate the cluster. A 6 gauge cluster is 125.00 and a 7 gauge(trans temp gauge) is 135.00. I do all repairs the same day I receive the cluster and have it back in the mail in less than 24 hours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts