Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007.5 1 ton 2wd 4 door long bed 265 75 R16 original factory setup.
my dad just got new Bridgstone a/t's 285 75 R16 because the dealer said that tire fits the spec of the truck and some trucks come with that size tire from the factory.
long story short he got them on tonight and they rub, the left front and back and the right back side.
ive ALWAYS told him that we can level his truck in the driveway, (but what do i know im his son) he doesnt want to trim anything but doesnt want to go pay for smaller tires after paying $1000 for the new ones.

he thinks raising the bars are "harmfull on the truck" the only terrain it sees is street highway all day long. never and offroad or bumpy rock roads so i dont think cranking the bars will harm it.
so are there any other options other than cranking the torsion bars?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Just trim the back of the front fender liners up to the bottom of the frame and you'll be good to go - I was running 305-50-20's on my 07.5 GMC and they fit with no rubbing after the trim job.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
I tried running the same size tire and trimming plastic wasn't enough, you either need to do a small fender mod, large fender mod, increase front ride height or change tires. I opted to change the tires.

There are other issues with running a 285 on a stock 16" rim as well, it is not safe. There are threads floating around here for the mods and also reasons why you shouldn't run larger then a 265 tire on the stock PYO rim.

My suggestion is tell him to get the right size tire, the dealer told me the same thing and they were wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts