Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything i should do before switching to bio diesel?

I know that i need to mix with regular fuel before letting it go full bio anyone have any input

·
Registered
297 Posts
don't run it in the winter if you live in cold climate. for the most part pure biodiesel gels up at like 15 degrees above zero.

·
Registered
681 Posts
are there any major benefits/downfalls to running bio diesel? there is a station locally selling it, and am curious

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Get it from a place that goes through a lot of it. Dirty Bio can trash costly injectors.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in florida and its not from a gas station its from a company that makes it and the price is well just great almost a dollar off what gas is now

·
Registered
487 Posts
Make sure you have a couple spare fuel filters in your truck. Biodiesel is really great at cleaning your fuel system, and with that all the junk will build up fast for a while until you get the whole system clean. I used to live in Wenatchee. Who's selling this stuff?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A private company a friend owns

·
Registered
487 Posts
there was a guy who made alot of it in Ellensburg when I was back in college. It was some good stuff. Just talk to the guy who sells it and see if he knows anything about. Do they double wash the fuel? What do they use for the starting base, used fryer grease or new oil? Questions like that so you can get a feel for how good the fuel is.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Make sure you have a couple spare fuel filters in your truck. Biodiesel is really great at cleaning your fuel system, and with that all the junk will build up fast for a while until you get the whole system clean. I used to live in Wenatchee. Who's selling this stuff?
I cant remember the name of the place but it is a locally owned gas station in Chelan, one of those ones where if you have a card you get a little better rate with them. I am not sure how much of this stuff they really move though, I will ask about that and some details before I decide to run any

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tankercomm, technology has introduced biodiesel to dry ion exchange filters. These filters eliminate water washing. When in cold climates and you are running B100, adding ULSD lowers the gelling point and helps to eliminate fuel starvation. Above all, start with blends of 5-10%. "Shocking" the system clogs the filters faster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts